Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 7th, 2015 11:00

Connecting my laptop to a Samsung LCD Tv.

The last time I tried to connect my laptop to my Samsung LCD Tv using a HDMI cable shipped with the TV, my laptop was somehow charged with static electricity. As I can feel it when I touched the palm rest panel it with my hands.

I started to worry about whether will this damage my laptop or not. In addition, before I decided to power off my TV, I did not manage to send any image nor audio to my TV. 

Questions:

1. Did I did something wrong so that was why I was unable to project any image to my Tv?

2. How's possible that my laptop is charged with electricity? Is this even normal? 

Additional Information:

Dell Inspiron 15R se 7520

Win 8.1 64-bit

Standard HDMI connection with HDMI cable

Thanks. 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 3rd, 2015 02:00

Yup, the static problem is now gone. And another good news is, I had found the solution! 

My Samsung TV comes with 2 hdmi ports, and to connect it to my laptop, I must allow the hdmi cable to be connected to the second hdmi port on the TV, which is the "HDMI (DVI)" port. 

The image and audio deliver well between my laptop and the TV.

Hope this helps. 

Thanks. 

January 19th, 2015 23:00

Hi qufeng49,

It might be the static electricity which was stored. You can release the static by disconnecting the peripherals, remove the battery hold on to the power button for 15-20 seconds. Then try connecting the TV and see if it works. Also try connecting an external monitor to VGA port to confirm if the ports are fine. 

3 Posts

January 20th, 2015 01:00

If you want to connect your Samsung Tv to your computer, you need to download a usb driver for it. And you can search for Dell official website for suitable drivers.

Hope it helps.

1 Rookie

• 

11.1K Posts

January 20th, 2015 18:00

Happen to know what driver is our friend below talking about? 

A USB driver for HDMI?

Think about it. Does he know what he is talking about????

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 20th, 2015 18:00

Happen to know what driver is our friend below talking about? 

No Events found!