Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 3rd, 2014 15:00

Connects to Network but can't connect to the internet

My Dell laptop has just recently (as in the last 2 days) stopped connecting to the wireless internet. It will connect to the network but, not the internet. I ran a system restore to the last time it worked properly and that didn't work. I also ran it in Safe mode with Networking. And still couldn't connect to the internet. At this moment I am using my sisters laptop to try and find a solution. So if anyone could help me that would be great.  

Thank you,

Jimmy

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 3rd, 2014 16:00

Do you have an internet security suite loaded (Norton, McAfee/Intel, etc.)?

If so, check your proxy server settings in your browser -- something may have happened there.

6 Posts

July 3rd, 2014 18:00

I have AVG and I disabled that, still nothing.  I also use Google chrome and while this has happened in the past with the proxy it is not the problem this time. And in case you're wondering I did also try connecting with internet explorer and it too did not connect.  I just ran a troubleshoot on the Wi-Fi adapter and the internet connection but both came up fine. The only thing is the internet troubleshoot said "could not detect the problem "

1 Message

July 4th, 2014 17:00

I am having the same problem .... laptop connects to my router but no internet. My router is working because I can connect to it with my tablet. this started a few days ago when I stayed in a motel and connected to their wifi. Up until then I have only connected to my router at home.

6 Posts

July 4th, 2014 19:00

Try uninstalling the last program you installed, it fixed my problem. 

No Events found!