Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 6th, 2016 21:00

Constand Bsod related to possible Graphic card issue

Hey i really do need help as i m in a fix here

I purchased my new laptop dell inspiron 7559 a month ago.since then i m getting constant bsod (Dxkrgn_fatal_error) With the file beign responsible beign shown as watchdog.sys.

I tried everything tried installing the drivers provided by dell as well as by installing the drivers from the nvidia website itself but it always results in error after 2-3 days of usage .I tried contacting dell director services ,They provided me with the new windows 10 live usb but it didnt solved my problem watesover. I just got another bsod an hour ago just after i reinstalled my nvidia drivers from the manufacturer website and now my windows is even refusing to acknowledge the prescence of graphic card.

I am really pulling my hair out as i have tried resetting windows 4 times and now have got as most as 16 bsod till date

It really looks more like a hardware issue to me and i m really considering it getting replaced.Can it be possible they might have sent me the refurburished ones instead of original

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

November 7th, 2016 07:00

Your fatal mistake is installing the wrong video drivers. You must use the Dell customized drivers for your specific model. Using the generic Nvidia drivers has caused the problems. Go to Dell Drivers and downloads and install the dell drivers that came with your laptop. Laptops almost never need driver updates and if they ever do, they must come from Dell and Dell should notify you.

2 Posts

November 7th, 2016 07:00

I installed the drivers precisely from Dell support for my specific model and I evem then I. Getting errors

No Events found!