Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 21st, 2013 01:00

Continuous beep alarm when startup

When I start-up my Dell Inspiron mini 10, a continous beep sound can be hear until it stop when the window XP start..

I re-start the laptop by hold press the Power Key and Function Key, the Diagnostics says:

Checking file system on C:

The type of file system is NTFS.

Volume Level is OS.

One of the disks may need to check for consistency .

You may cancel the disk check, but it strongly recommended that you continue.

Disk checking has been cancelled.

What is wrong ( beeping code?) and how should I rectify it? Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

1.8K Posts

January 21st, 2013 09:00

Hi minlon,

It seems that the hard drive may need to checked for errors from the message that you provided. However, I suggest running the hardware diagnostics by following the steps provided in the following link:
http://dell.to/OUGnqT

Please reply to this message with the results.

5 Posts

January 21st, 2013 09:00

Hi Rajath,

Need ur help mate.

I have dell Studio 1558 and all of a sudden its stopped working . I had put tht in hibernate mode.

Now when i tried to start it , it was giving beeping sound and not start . I have cold booted the systemand its not staring at all.

Just i could hear the fan speed, with black screen  and no logo .OS is windows 7 Home

Kindly help.

1.8K Posts

January 23rd, 2013 11:00

Hi Vikas83,

Thank you for your reply and for providing an update. I suggest you to remove the battery and the AC Adapter. Press and hold the “Power” button for 20 seconds and release it. Reconnect them and turn on the system. You can also try reseating the memory modules one at a time.

Please reply to this message with your findings and if the issue persists, with the number of beeps.

5 Posts

January 23rd, 2013 16:00

Hi Rajath,

I tried as you said but stil the problem remains.  as soon as i press the power on button, there are 6 beeps , then there is a small pause and again 5 consecutive beeps .  The fan keeps on running  and screen remains blank.

if i keep the laptop in tht state for 5-10 minutes and then shut down by pressing the power button .   When i again push the power button on it works this time .

There is no pattern although, sometimes it will start , sometimes not.

kindly help,

My service tag is <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>.

Regards

Vikas

service tag

1.8K Posts

January 25th, 2013 09:00

Hi,

Vikas 83, I have received your private message and will respond to it. Minlon, unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please respond to this post. Other community members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

1 Message

August 25th, 2014 08:00

I have an Inspirion M5030 and I'm receiving several beeps as well, black screen and ice tied troubleshooting with negative results. I was advised this is an known issue and just trying to figure out what to do next???

No Events found!