Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

May 5th, 2016 01:00

Corsair RAM with Inspiron 5759

Hi all,

I bought this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CMSX16GX3M2A1600C10-Vengeance-Enthusiast-Notebook/dp/B0076W9Q5A?ie=UTF8&ref_=pe_385721_129363711_TE_item

from Amazon and my Inspiron 17 5759 laptop won't boot with it in. Can anyone tell me is it compatible or have I bought some faulty RAM ?

2K Posts

May 7th, 2016 01:00

Hi GIBBYLINKS,

What is the exact issue when you try booting the machine? Please write a detailed description of the issue. What was the issue with the machine that you had to buy new RAM or was it just an upgrade. Does it boot with one RAM module? Try each module on both slots and turn on the system and check if it works. If nothing works, then test the modules on another machine for functionality.

If the system turns on but does not boot into windows then, restart the system and press f2 key to enter BIOS and check if the memory is detected.

Restart the system and press f12 key on startup - choose diagnostics. Let it run the diags and if you encounter any errors - make a note of the complete error and report the same to us. If there are no errors, run an extended memory test on the machine.

Keep us updated.

P.S. I have deleted the duplicate post.

39 Posts

May 8th, 2016 01:00

Thanks for the reply.

With the Corsair RAM in the laptop wouldn't boot. There was no activity execpt for the power LED flashing white then orange, I didn't even see the Dell Bios logo.

I bought the RAM as an upgrade 16gb is the max this laptop can take so I bought two 8gb modules.

The two 4gb  RAM modules supplied with the laptop are back in now and it's been working fine with that installed.

I did notice that the current RAM is 1.35v and DDR3L the Corsair was 1.5v and DDR3 whether this caused the issue or not I don't know.

I've returned the Corsair RAM to Amazon and got a refund, I'm going to get some 1.35v DDR3L RAM and try that

2K Posts

May 8th, 2016 01:00

Hi Gibbylinks,

Thank you for the update.

That might possibly be the reason why it didn't work. 

One link I found - http://bit.ly/1Xf85z2 - compatible with the machine.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

39 Posts

October 28th, 2017 06:00

Sorry I know it's been over a year, but update to this, I bought this RAM www.amazon.co.uk/.../ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage from Amazon and it works fine.

No Events found!