Hello Dell Community, I am wondering how to fix this audio problem in my laptop speakers. Ive had this laptop for almost about a week now and it is really bothering me. Whenever I play music through my speakers they start to crackle, pop and sound static like. Can someone please help me fix this problem with my audio ? thank you very much in advance.
Hello.Test the audio driver by switching between the Realtek audio driver and the Windows native audio driver.
1. Open the Device Manager (find it in the Control Panel, or type devmgmt.msc into the search box).
2. Expand the "Sound, video & game controllers" and right click on "Realtek High Definition Audio".
3. Select to "Update Driver Software".
4. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software".
5. Click "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer".
6. Put a check in the box "Show compatible hardware" if not already checked.
7. In the list of devices, click "High Definition Audio" (the native driver).
8. Click "Next".
9. On the Update Driver Warning box, click "Yes" (install the driver).
10. Restart the laptop if prompted. If not prompted, sometimes you have to restart, sometimes not.
[To get back to the Realtek driver, do it again but reverse the names in steps 2 and 7.]
If you only have the symptoms with one of the drivers, then the other is at fault. If you have the same symptoms with both audio drivers, then it is very probably not a driver issue.
If the driver is not at fault, it might be difficult to pin down the issue. Try running on battery power, and when plugged in, to check for power-related issues. Check for latest BIOS revision.
If you cannot resolve the issue quickly, decide whether or not it is a deal breaker. If it is, return the laptop as defective. Check the date on your invoice -- you might have only 21 days from that date. If you decide on returning it, do not allow Dell reps to stall you beyond the return date, because after that date you will own the issue.