Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

September 5th, 2017 11:00

Creaking Left Hinge - Inspiron 17 7779 2-in-1

I got this system in Nov. 2016.  It is lightly used since I have other systems I use most of the time.

Recently, the left hinge has started creaking when I open the lid.  This makes me think the hinge is binding and may lead to a physical problem with the hinge/case, which Dell does not seem to stand behind.

I do not know if these hinges are lubricated during manufacture but does anyone have any suggestions if a lubricant might help and if so, what type of lubricant should be used?

Thanks... 

Clark

• 

16.7K Posts

September 7th, 2017 06:00

Hey Saltgrass,

I am not sure I would use a lubricant on the system. Some may get inside the computer and cause more problems for you. If your system is still under warranty contact Dell Support by phone and have them replaced. 

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

September 7th, 2017 06:00

OK, thanks.  I suppose I will have to watch it more closely.  Maybe I am not using it enough and some form or corrosion is happening.

The 17 inch is a heavy 2-in-1 system and needs friction for it to maintain those configurations... just worried there is too much.  Right now there is nothing to report to support and I have no reason to expect another system would behave differently.

Have a good day.

No Events found!