Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 23rd, 2012 17:00

Creating Recovery Disk Manually

Hi,

I am presently not able to boot into windows on my Dell XPS 15 laptop. I have the recovery partition inaccessible(I pressed F8 and it didnt work). So I have copied all the files on my recovery partition into my external hard disk. My question is how to create a recovery disk manually(ie how to do what Dell DataSafe do manually?)..

Additionally please also answer the following if u can.

The main problem is that my boot manager is missing. So if you can also please tell me What exactly is this boot manager(it's filename and it's location in the boot folder) and also where can I find it's undamaged version in my recover disk so I can copy the undamaged one and place it in my OS at a folder where it is missing from.

Thanks in advance

4.4K Posts

January 23rd, 2012 18:00

As for the Boot Manager, visit this web site

How To Fix “BOOTMGR is missing” Error in Vista and Windows 7
www.techsupportalert.com/.../how-fix-bootmgr-missing-error-vista-and-windows-7.htm

There are many more sites that address that issue. Here is a Google Link to them.

It will be easier to fix the BOOTMGR than trying to get the image file to work though that is possible to.

If you get the BOOTMGR issue fixed, I would have Dell DataSafe create a disc of the factory image. 
That way you can use the DVD disc to get back to the factory image.

No Events found!