Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 18th, 2009 05:00

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Advanced MB and Windows 7

I have Dell XPS M1530 running 32-bit Vista

I have a software based "Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Advanced MB" also known as "Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy HD Software Edition" running on my system.

It is working fine with 32-bit Vista and I have no problems.

I was planning to upgrade to 32-bit Windows 7 and I tested it on my M1530. Everything worked fine except this "Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Advanced MB". It installs fine but the Creative Audio Center does not run and tells me it can not find any supported device. I have tried installing it in Vista compatibility mode too.

Before you ask, I have my sound card drivers installed and sound card is working fine. I have Sigmatel hardware.

I am asking, is there an update or a patch available that I can use to make "Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Advanced MB" work in 32-bit Windows 7?

Is Dell planning to release an update for this?

Any solution for my problem?

p.s. "Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Advanced MB" is a software based solution and not my sound card drivers. Creative does not provide free updates for this on their website. It is for Dell to provide the update to their customers.

8 Posts

July 5th, 2010 08:00

Hello Negrumanuel,

I have already tried everything but SB audigy advanced MB just does not work under win 7. The Sigmatel audio drivers you mentioned v A03 from Dell website are also not win 7 compatible. To date Dell has not released any official Win 7 compatible audio drivers for M1530. In fact if you look at the drivers page of M1530 most third party drivers have not been updated since 2008. Dell appears to have given up on XPS M1530, maybe because of the 8600M GT chip issue.

Anyway, if you have XPS  M1530 you should keep Vista on it, otherwise you will end up with audio problems or below par audio output.

August 1st, 2010 02:00

I have an Inspiron 1520 notebook and I've also upgraded to windows 7. I too have a sigmatel high definiton audio codec with the sound blaster. And the only thing that doesn't work is the Creative Audio Center which I loved to play around with to change the sound on my  laptop. I use my laptop to make online playlists which beats downloading music. And it so happens that I have a nice speaker system hooked up to my HDTV which I sometimes hook up to my laptop to play music. That Creative Audio Center made my stuff sound great. It's just a shame that I can no longer use it. Dell or Creative should make a sigmatel website or something with an option that lets you download a driver or maybe just download the audio center preferably that works with windows 7. Come on you guys are geniuses, think some stuff up!!!

August 1st, 2010 13:00

Check it out.... If you have upgraded to 32 bit windows 7 I have found a solution! I was web surfing today on the creative website forums and I found this topic. Check it out:

http://forums.creative.com/t5/Sound-Blaster/SB-Audigy-ADVANCED-MB-Windows-7-Compatibility-Update/td-p/556045

Just follow the steps on there, basically install the latest driver from dell, reinstall the sb audigy advanced mb software via the link, restart computer, use one of the mirrors to download the recommended file. open it and install the setup, and restart again. By then you should be able to use the Audio Center once again!!!

1 Message

August 27th, 2010 01:00

Check it out.... If you have upgraded to 32 bit windows 7 I have found a solution! I was web surfing today on the creative website forums and I found this topic. Check it out:

http://forums.creative.com/t5/Sound-Blaster/SB-Audigy-ADVANCED-MB-Windows-7-Compatibility-Update/td-p/556045

Just follow the steps on there, basically install the latest driver from dell, reinstall the sb audigy advanced mb software via the link, restart computer, use one of the mirrors to download the recommended file. open it and install the setup, and restart again. By then you should be able to use the Audio Center once again!!!

OMG Thank You!!! I just upgraded from Vista Home Basic and had a similar problem. Creative and Dell need to get their act together and make an official patch.

My problem had been: "An error occurred while trying to obtain a valid Activation Key from the internet (error 3)."

I clicked on the first download and it worked by itself. (I think at some point I downloaded the Windows 7 update thing from Creative's site) So I didn't download the one provided in the link.

Inspiron 1521,  Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit (Upgraded to Windows 7 Professional 32-bit), AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core TK-55 1.80GHz, 2.50GB RAM

November 3rd, 2010 17:00

Your info is very helpful to my study, It's very useful.

6 Posts

November 26th, 2010 01:00

I have exactly the same problem on aDell  XPS 430 system: After upgrading from vista to windows 7 the "Soundblaster Audigy advanced MB" software could be installed from CD and also activated with the Creative license key, but the creative audio center aborts with "cannot find supported devices".

I reported this to the Dell eMail-Support, but their only reaction was that they sent me a contact of the "Presto"-software service which involves costs. Some years ago there were the same problem with audigy when migrating from XP to Vista. At that time Dell delivered an upgrada package at no charge. So it should be up to Dell to delivere a patch also in this case.

Addendum:
1. The "Presto"-software service gave me the information,  that there will be no patch from Creative oder Dell for the "Soundblaster Audigy advanced MB"-Software because of "new features" in Windows 7 (without specifying these features).

2. I found an alternative: The "SRS Audio Sandbox" generates surround sound effects similar to Creative EAX. A 30 day trial can be downloaded here:
http://www.srslabs.com/store/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=6

I got more deep understanding about this part, Thanks for your analysis! It helps me out of the problem.

2 Posts

November 13th, 2011 21:00

Sorry to say, No. Dell does not care about this issue at this time. They just have not got on board with the idea that many users simply cannot afford to buy new computers because a new OS has come out. The tech support is sub-standard, at best. I have repeatedly discussed the Windows 7 compatibility issues and finally gave up. To them it all about sales, not customer support, especially if you have upgraded a machine you purchased with a new OS.

I do not know what it will take for them to get caught up to Win 7 but they better hurry because Win 8 is on the way and I can see a whole new mess of driver and software compatibility issues not with just Dell but all computer manufacturers who are not paying attention.

1 Message

January 8th, 2012 07:00

It is now January 8, 2012. And I have made a 2 hour search on the Internet to find a solution to this problem. Is it possible that someone found a solution or workaround that I could not find?

When you consider that a complex piece of software as Windows works fine after going from XP > 7 why is it so difficult for DELL / CREATIVE LABS to do their comparably small bit or at least assist in the application of workarounds.We are the ones who complain. How about the 100.000s worldwide who are sold short?

Why do brands like these degrade theirselves in this manner?. I will make sure that people know and warn them against the weaknesses of these suppliers.  

Even worse is that I purchased the Sigmatel software - the Sound Blaster Audigy Advanced MB - from Creative Labs directly. I have not yet received relply to my email. I will keep you posted.

No Events found!