Raza0007
1 Copper

Re: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Advanced MB and Windows 7

Dell hasn't even released win 7 compatible audio drivers for Sigmatel hardware, so to expect them to fix audigy advanced mb is asking too much. Since they have nothing to gain financially from supporting laptops that have sigmatel and audigy advanced mb, as the sales have already been made, I am guessing they will not bother about it. It is shame that even though my XPS M1530 is fully compatible with win 7, I am unable to install win 7 on it because of these audio problems.

I friend of mine told me that Dell will probably release win 7 updates after Feb 2010 for their older systems as they want people to buy new win 7 pre-installed laptops during this end of year season. Some people will not buy new PCs if their older ones were made fully compatible with win 7. He told me that with audigy a similar thing happened when Vista was released and it took Dell almost 1 year to release the Vista compatible version of audigy advanced MB. So, perhaps in a year time we will get a win 7 version of audigy.

0 Kudos
ultd.complain
1 Copper

Ok, I've just installed windows 7 x64, and the same problem... to the moment, no patch from dell nor from creative... The audio drivers though, they are running well. Let's hope dell releases something soon.

0 Kudos
negrumanuel
1 Copper

Hi there,

Not sure if this will be of too much help as this thread is quite old now...but who knows - it's always good to have a positive feedback on something.

I have an XPS M1530 and decided to install W7 on it. ran into few troubles with SB Audigy Advanced MB activation process - key expired, however, Creative has a nice website where you can re-new it. http://us.creative.com/advmb/ 

then - if you simply install the Sigmatel audio drivers of your soundcard (i took the ones supllied by dell on they support.dell.com website - current version for xps m1530 is A03) restart and after that install Audigy Advance MB - it will work just fine.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Pauls898
1 Nickel

Well I have tried and I can't get it to work??

It just keeps telling me that no devices found?

There is sound, the volume panel works, but I can't access the Creative Audio Centre for changing the frequency band stuff?

I tried two seperate Sigmatel drivers both with the same result?

0 Kudos
Herbert17
1 Copper

I recently contacted Creative via the website suggested by NEGRUMANUEL. After some correspondence they stated:

"We do not support OEM product. You can only contact with Dell for possible driver update for Windows 7. However, on our end we do not have any available driver for Windows 7 to work with Sound Blaster Audigy Advanced MB."

0 Kudos
negrumanuel
1 Copper

-

Yea - seems like. I just tried Creative Audio Center on my PC (whic i did not after installing the application) and doesn't work - although just like for you, there is sound and the volume panel works ok.

er, well :-s

0 Kudos
Raza0007
1 Copper

Hello Negrumanuel,

I have already tried everything but SB audigy advanced MB just does not work under win 7. The Sigmatel audio drivers you mentioned v A03 from Dell website are also not win 7 compatible. To date Dell has not released any official Win 7 compatible audio drivers for M1530. In fact if you look at the drivers page of M1530 most third party drivers have not been updated since 2008. Dell appears to have given up on XPS M1530, maybe because of the 8600M GT chip issue.

Anyway, if you have XPS  M1530 you should keep Vista on it, otherwise you will end up with audio problems or below par audio output.

0 Kudos
XxChRiS43xX
1 Nickel

I have an Inspiron 1520 notebook and I've also upgraded to windows 7. I too have a sigmatel high definiton audio codec with the sound blaster. And the only thing that doesn't work is the Creative Audio Center which I loved to play around with to change the sound on my  laptop. I use my laptop to make online playlists which beats downloading music. And it so happens that I have a nice speaker system hooked up to my HDTV which I sometimes hook up to my laptop to play music. That Creative Audio Center made my stuff sound great. It's just a shame that I can no longer use it. Dell or Creative should make a sigmatel website or something with an option that lets you download a driver or maybe just download the audio center preferably that works with windows 7. Come on you guys are geniuses, think some stuff up!!!

Inspiron 1520, Windows Vista(Upgraded to 7) Home Premium 32-bit, Intel Core 2 Duo T7800 2.6GHz, 4GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT 256MB.

0 Kudos
XxChRiS43xX
1 Nickel

Check it out.... If you have upgraded to 32 bit windows 7 I have found a solution! I was web surfing today on the creative website forums and I found this topic. Check it out:

http://forums.creative.com/t5/Sound-Blaster/SB-Audigy-ADVANCED-MB-Windows-7-Compatibility-Update/td-...

Just follow the steps on there, basically install the latest driver from dell, reinstall the sb audigy advanced mb software via the link, restart computer, use one of the mirrors to download the recommended file. open it and install the setup, and restart again. By then you should be able to use the Audio Center once again!!!

Inspiron 1520, Windows Vista(Upgraded to 7) Home Premium 32-bit, Intel Core 2 Duo T7800 2.6GHz, 4GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT 256MB.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
mybudgieloki
1 Copper

Check it out.... If you have upgraded to 32 bit windows 7 I have found a solution! I was web surfing today on the creative website forums and I found this topic. Check it out:

http://forums.creative.com/t5/Sound-Blaster/SB-Audigy-ADVANCED-MB-Windows-7-Compatibility-Update/td-...

Just follow the steps on there, basically install the latest driver from dell, reinstall the sb audigy advanced mb software via the link, restart computer, use one of the mirrors to download the recommended file. open it and install the setup, and restart again. By then you should be able to use the Audio Center once again!!!

OMG Thank You!!! I just upgraded from Vista Home Basic and had a similar problem. Creative and Dell need to get their act together and make an official patch.

My problem had been: "An error occurred while trying to obtain a valid Activation Key from the internet (error 3)."

I clicked on the first download and it worked by itself. (I think at some point I downloaded the Windows 7 update thing from Creative's site) So I didn't download the one provided in the link.

Inspiron 1521,  Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit (Upgraded to Windows 7 Professional 32-bit), AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core TK-55 1.80GHz, 2.50GB RAM

0 Kudos