Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 29th, 2012 21:00

Cypress TouchPad Device Driver and Utility screenshots

I have a Japanese OS Dell XPS13 (recently upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 8 Pro - but that doesn't seem to be an issue here).

I had the usual problems with an erratic Cypress touchpad that will instantly take you to pages you don't want to go to simply by having the cursor hover over a link.

I disabled the driver but now miss being able just to touch instead of click. So I went back to it and tried to adjust settings, but adjusting doesn't make any difference to touchpad sensitivity.

Basic problem: the touchpad utility is all question marks—literally "????????????????"—instead of text, probably because my OS is Japanese. I am looking for screenshots of each Cypress touchscreen utility page so I can work it out, but I can't find any.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 30th, 2012 00:00

Hi tripbeetle,

To resolve the erratic movement of the trackpad on your computer you can reinstall the trackpad driver and that should fix the problem. Please refer to the link below for track pad driver for Dell XPS13.

http://dell.to/QulqCL

Also, I’d like to know if you have upgraded to new BIOS A04 on your system for Windows 8 operating system.

Please let me know if this helps.

14 Posts

November 30th, 2012 03:00

Hi Ravi, thanks for your reply.

I tried to download the new driver, but when I try it says "Sorry, the requested file could not be downloaded."

Also, about the BIOS A04 - I don't know. How do I know what BIOS I have already, and how do I update? It seems to be a very maker/model-specific thing.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

December 3rd, 2012 05:00

Hi tripbeetle,

Dell support site is going through upgradation because of which some are not able to download the driver for the systems. I’d advise you to wait for a week and check if you are able to download the specified driver.

Also to find out the BIOS installed on your computer, please follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Open ‘System Information’ by clicking the Start button . In the search box, type ‘msinfo32.exe’, and then, in the list of results, click ‘msinfo32.exe’.
  2. You will find ‘BIOS Version/Date’ in the list wherein you can find BIOS version installed on your computer.

Please reply for any queries.

No Events found!