Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 21st, 2009 00:00

D-Dock, MAC address, IP

Hello all for the first time.

I had one problem.

Me and my coleague connect on a corporate netvork with  Latitude D630. We are both using the same docking station. Both clieants have reservations for IP address on DHCP server with their (different MAC) for the NIC. In the begining it was worked without problem. Last few weeks when we try to ping each other with the name of the client we had info that ping command look for the same IP for two different clients. Nobody can't access via remote on our clients

I tryed to reboot D-dock, but nothing, we are also manualy conigured IP adresess for a few days and worked without dock, also nothing.

Thanks in advance

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 21st, 2009 03:00

mdrmoncic,

If you try using

ipconfig /all log

This should give you the Mac address and the IP address on the computer you use it one. Don't know if this will help or not.

Rick

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 21st, 2009 05:00

Are you running WINS or DNS - or both?  Are you using separate profiles for docked and undocked, and if so did you assign a static IP within each profile - does either work?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

Have  your network administrator clear the ARP cache.

2 Posts

"PudgyOne"

I tryed it also. It only gives me MY MAC address wich is used for the reservation on DHCP, my coleague also has (his)  different MAC, but still we have the same problem.

"ejn63"

I am workink like Network Admin, I did it, but nothing happened, Problem still persist.

Any helpful info, please.

Thanks in advance.

Milos

No Events found!