Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

3 Posts

July 8th, 2008 07:00

D610 Keyboard issue

Hi, I h6ave search6ed h6ard and cannot find a solution to my keyboard problem. Th6e ''H" and "G" keys are pumping5 out "5"s and "6"s like this h6h6h6h6h6h6h6 g5g5g5g5g5 g5g5g5g5h6h6h6

I am suspecting that a new keyboard is the way to go but I'd like that confirmed first if I can. The apostrophe is playing up also. '-'-'-'-'-'-'-

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Gavin

Interestingly the spellchecker I have in Firefox, doesn't pick up the bad words I type. I have to do it myself.

Message Edited by h100vw on 07-08-2008 03:48 AM

3 Posts

July 8th, 2008 08:00

Well, I fixed it.

After trying a USB keyboard which worked. I thought there was nothing to lose by looking at the keyboard itself. I removed it using the guides on Dell's site. When I got it out of the laptop, it looked to be bent. The middle of the keyboard being lower than the around the sides. Basically I flexed it, to make it flat again. Hooked it back up and I am typing on it now, with no 5s or 6s coming up unrequested.

On the D610, you just pull the plastic off below the screen and remove the 2 screws that hold in the keyboard. There is a ribbon cable leading to the MB under the 'D' key. Easy.

Gavin 

No Events found!