Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 14th, 2009 05:00

D620 has no display

When I fire up my D620, display does not react at all. Can hear hard disk spinning, WiFi light is on, everything seems to be booting up under the covers, but the display remains black. I connected an external display and tried to send the display to it via Fn+F8 and nothing there either. Is this the symptom of a dead graphics card? Can't troubleshoot the system if I can't see anything.

14.4K Posts

February 14th, 2009 06:00

hello butcher and welcome to the Dell fourms

This can be either a video card issure or your LCD issue. Unfortunitaly unless you had previously setup the dual monitor function pressing the Fn +F8 will not work.

2 Posts

December 17th, 2009 04:00

Hello. I was wondering if you ever resolved this display issue. I also have prob w/620. t used to allow me to view an external monitor by using FN+8, but has now stopped that too. The LCD screen works fine- when it worked, so I don't think that is the issue. I believe it has something to do with the NVidia display driver. Any thoughts? Thanks.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 17th, 2009 04:00

http://en.community.dell.com/blogs/direct2dell/archive/2008/08/18/nvidia-gpu-update-dell-to-offer-warranty-enhancement-to-all-affected-customers-worldwide.aspx

9 Posts

June 14th, 2010 10:00

hi,

we have more than 16 Dell computers working and are quite happy with them. The biggest is T7400, than T3400 down to 470, 670, 650, 570, a lot of optiplex.

Notebooks from M6400, M90, Studio XPS, D620 and others.

Now we have a issue with one of the D620 with the nvidia NVS100M, the resolution is low and a lot of spots or/and lines are on the display. If you take the keyboard off and press the nvidia chip it will desapear for some minutes than it is back. You can see  it at the very beginning, the Dell sign has vertical stripes.

The warranty ended on April 1st. we are a bit dissapointed, do someone know if a solution is possible?

The Nb is in best condition, no scratches, just like we received it , all functions work with the exception of the resolution (quality) of the screen.

The bIOS is upgraded to A10.

I hope to get some answer soon, thanks.

Carl

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

June 14th, 2010 11:00

It should fall under the faulty-nVidia extended warranty, yes - - see link in the post immediately above yours.

No Events found!