Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 19th, 2015 15:00

D630C Bios

Hello all! New to here! So I recently purchased a used, but in great condition D630. I wanted to get the most out of it so I did all possible upgrades including the mobo with the nVIDIA chip. I know what you are all thinking..... I did the copper shim mod and what not, as well as using a cooling pad. This thing is 9 years old and still equal, if not better than my 4 year old Acer Aspire. So my issue is I cant seem to upgrade past the A11 bios.

This is a D630C so it has the ATM option in the bios. I can run 8 gigs of memory with windows 7, but not the 64 bit Linux Mint or Fedora. Plus the latest bios I can get is A11 for the this, but the latest for the regular D630 is up to A19. Any advice or help is greatly appreciated! :)

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

March 20th, 2015 10:00

You may find this useful, It is the file sheet for the D630 and has information on the various BIOS revisions.  

I checked to see if there was any order in which the BIOS could be updated and wasn't able to find anything.  If you aren't able to update to 19 directly, you may want to try updating to 12 first and if that works try 13.  I know it isn't convenient but it may be why you are having difficulties updating to 19.

I hope that this helps.

TB

3 Posts

March 22nd, 2015 18:00

I appreciate your input, I have tried that as well... It seems the d630c has a different bios than the d630. Anything over 4gb in memory wont allow the OS to boot although it will allow windows 7, just not xp or linux mint or any other distro of linux. Any other ideas? Is there any other work around for this? I'd really like to get this MOBO to run with the 8gb. An interesting thing here is it will show the 8gb in the bios, and all my OS's are 64bit.

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

March 23rd, 2015 16:00

It sounds like you are already aware of this KB article about the D630c, but if not it may help if you have replaced the system board and the board is in manufacturing mode.

TB

No Events found!