Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

May 9th, 2016 11:00

DA200 intermittently drops Ethernet connection

I have a DA200 dongle that I am using with a Dell XPS 13 (9350). I have installed the latest firmware updates and drivers available as of the date of this post (May 9, 2016). I am using the HDMI and Ethernet ports, not the VGA port.

The problem I am seeing is that the Ethernet connection drops frequently and then automatically reconnects, sometimes as often as once every 5-10 minutes. Very annoying for e.g. the Skype client.  Is anyone else seeing this problem?

1 Message

May 26th, 2016 06:00

I have have a DA200 with a XPS 15 and I have the same issue where the network and USB drops but on my computer it does not come back and I have to restart my computer.

Happens at least 3 or 4 times a week, really poor device.

When I first purchased the computer in December last year I also ordered the USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet adapter and never had any issue with this.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 15th, 2016 01:00

My XPS13 has a similar problem, but may be not. The DA200 ethernet device disappers more frequently.

I have found a walkaround, just disable the WiFi device, then it never disappers any more.

So I'm not sure which causes this happen, XPS13, DA200, Windows?

1 Message

August 10th, 2016 20:00

I have logged this with Dell and they are investigating it, as I have several affected XPS 13s with this same problem.  

Disabling the Wifi gets around this issue as PONGPONGCN noted.  My limited testing indicates its possibly a software issue.  The DA200s don't seem to be the cause with mine, anyhow.

Will post back if/when Dell provide more info on it...

1 Message

August 24th, 2016 01:00

I am having the same problem with a Latitude 7275. Drops out one or two times during OSD. Needs to be replugged fast to not fail. I checked it with a FLIR camera and it gets really hot. More than 50-60° celcius.

No Events found!