Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 10th, 2016 01:00

DEFECTIVE INSPIRON 11 3147 LAPTOP KEYBOARD

hello! 

I own a dell inspiron 11 3147 laptop. I've only had it for almost 2 years. My current problem now is that certain keys in my laptop keyboard won't work. So now, I mostly use my touch keyboard if I have to work on papers. They keys that aren't working are the ff: 4, 5, r, t, f, g, v,  and b. As you can see it seems to be that the whole two columns that these keys belong to are not functioning. I've updated my drivers and I recently installed the latest Windows 10 update. I installed it last July 9, 2016 so it's very recent. I thought that maybe after instaling the new updates, my keyboard will go back to normal but it still hasn't. 

Also, sometimes I get very impatient so I tend to press down on the keys a bit too hard. And when I do press down on "R" and "T", my screen just goes to black and I have to restart my laptop. This should mean that it's a hardware problem, right? Or can it still be a software problem?

Please help! I've had this keyboard problem for months :(

Thanks!  

July 11th, 2016 02:00

Hi PAMLOBERIZA,

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.

Please check with an external keyboard.

Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id so that we can check the system configuration.

To private message: please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message

(Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information).

2 Posts

September 3rd, 2016 11:00

Definitely a defective hardware problem.  Many, including me, have had this issue.

Links:
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19658521

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19658521

Also, if you haven't upgraded your BIOS yet, DON'T!  All BIOS versions after A07 are broken.  They do not handle the power button correctly.  I have my machine configured such that pressing the power button is supposed to put it into sleep mode.  At all BIOS levels after A07, this function does not work correctly.

1 Message

October 19th, 2016 16:00

Having same problem with P, 0,:,?

HELp

No Events found!