Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 13th, 2012 12:00

DELL D610 not picking up internet connection in the house

I've roommates with computers in the house and their internet works, it's just mine own laptop that doesn't work. The previous place I was living at had internet and it worked perfectly fine there. Is the problem with my computer and what could it be? How can I fix it? Pls help!!

2 Intern

• 

20.1K Posts

November 13th, 2012 13:00

The computer might still be looking for the previous connection. Go to Network Connections and remove the old one from the list. Then use the Network Wizard to set up the new wireless connection. Make sure you have the settings for the new router.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

November 13th, 2012 14:00

Windows XP machines will not connect to WPA or WPA2 encrypted wireless without updated Drivers AND Service pack 3 AND the correct Date and Time.

Download Windows XP Service Pack 3 Network Installation - Microsoft

Do not download the express install download the WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe    316.4 MB file onto a usb flash drive and copy to your hard drive and run locally.

Then install the updated wireless drivers below.

Intel (R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection, (R) PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection, (R) PRO/Wireless Network Connection, v.FLWSP0064D, A18 A18 2/5/2010 Windows XP Download

Drivers for Laptops\Latitude\Latitude D610

View the full details here

Quick Links

No Events found!