Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

March 11th, 2017 13:00

DELL INSPIRION 7567

Hi everyone,

I have a very odd issue,   I plugged in an external monitor to my new laptop  7567 15 inch and now my integrated graphics card won't display full screen in browsers and even some apps like the netflix apps.

I tried to view fullscreen on my laptop monitor and then moving the browser window or app to my external monitor and both will just display a black screen.

the only fullscreen that works is when i force my nvidia chipset gtx 1050 to be used by the app.

Also something peculiar i noticed within windows 10  it'll see that i have 2 screens and i can extend normally BUT when i use the intel graphics app to change settings for the display it only sees 1 display, if this helps.

could both of these issues be related? and how can i fix this?

(on it's own with the external monitor unplugged , things seem fine, my external monitor uses a VGA to HDMI converter to plug into my laptop, is supports the 1920x1080 resolution as well and thats what i set it at.

8 Posts

March 11th, 2017 19:00

i've been reading on this and what's been happening to other types of systems seems something to do with flash maybe?  because this is happening for chrome, edge, facebook gameroom, netflix app,  youtube vids too... all use flash??   any suggestions?

2K Posts

March 12th, 2017 11:00

Hi ASCENSYON,

Most media apps and browsers use Flash. Flash is built into the OS and the apps as well.

The 7567 model contains the HDMI port. Does the monitor you are using, have a HDMI port? If yes, kindly try using a HDMI - HDMI cable, since HDMI is digital, VGA is analog and the video conversion from digital to analog is down-gradation of the video quality and signal. HDMI-HDMI provides better display quality.

Having said this, I suppose, the Optimus might be designed to work as such when using external display with VGA. 

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

8 Posts

March 12th, 2017 19:00

i'm sorry i don't think buying an hdmi monitor an appropriate solution.  there must be a setting i can change to allow for fullscreen to work...

3 Posts

March 13th, 2017 14:00

I have a similar problem on my new Inspiron 7567.

When I use the built-in UHD screen, everything works well (despite some lag when adjusting the size of applications such as Chrome or Windows Explorer, and blurry texts of some Windows applications such as the 'device manager'), however when I connect it through HDMI or DVI to an external screen the problems start:

- Abnormal lag in desktop environment

- A black screen when I try to play a video fullscreen (for example on YouTube/Netflix)

- Intel Graphics option disappear

I'm not an IT genius, but I've had some 'experts' looking at it but they have no clue what the issue is. Also reinstalled drivers of both the Intel and Nvidia cards.

Please Dell help us out, €1500 is a lot of money...

2K Posts

March 13th, 2017 14:00

Hi ASCENSYON,

This nVidia card is part of the motherboard and logically sits on the Intel card. The Intel card drives all ports on the system and the nVidia will help accelerate the graphics when necessary. This is not a discrete video card like in the Alienware machines which contains the separate graphics card.

So, this is a limitation the technology. This is probably designed to work in that way.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

March 18th, 2017 17:00

On my Dell Inspiron 15 7000 (win 10 64-bit) I had something similar: black full screen on the 2nd VGA monitor, but full screen on the laptop display.

Most Chrome-based browsers showed a black screen when in full screen mode video.

The 2nd screen seems to be powered by the NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti and the laptop display by both graphics cards (right click on desktop to see the context menu).

By updating my NVIDIA drivers to the latest version (378.78) solved the problem: now I can have full screen video in any browser. I hope this works for you too.

12 Posts

August 1st, 2017 06:00

Did Dell or yourself find a resolution to this? Is the external screen functioning correctly now?

Cheers,

mit86

13 Posts

August 21st, 2017 06:00

Hello any Dell 7567 User !  can you give me the software named True color. After reinstalling windows my app gone and dont find it online. Please any one give me link or  sent it to me.

email : 

No Events found!