Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 13th, 2016 21:00

DELL INSPIRON 1545 WINDOWS VISTA BOOT

I am having the same issue. I just bought this laptop from somebody who had completely erased the laptop before selling to me , telling me I had to reinstall windows vista onto it. I tried putting disc in and as the laptop (Inspiron1545) reboots, it loads to DeLL screen and option for setup and boot pressing f12 comes up and when selected, options come up where I select CD\DVD then the entire DELL screen comes back loading over and over again. loads, goes black like its trying to boot , white blinker comes up at top right, then just reloads over and over again.

I have run a diagnostic and everything has passed including extended diagnostic. What do I do ?! I just purchased this laptop and it is not working ? Please help if you could. If directly emailing me will make this easier please, feel free to !!

<ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>

Thank you !

-Chelana Vandusen

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 14th, 2016 04:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

We would suggest you to boot into BIOS and check the Boot options.:

1. Start the computer 
  2. Choose to enter BIOS setup. ...
  3. Use the arrow keys to select the BOOT tab. ...
  4. To give a CD or DVD drive boot sequence priority over the hard drive, move it to the first position in the list.

Let us know if this works.

Kindly private message the service tag and email address.

Thanks

Robin

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

June 14th, 2016 05:00

Windows Vista is fastly approaching its End of Life. IE support and Chrome support are now dropped for this OS. I advise taking the 10130 Upgrade Path to Windows 10. Use Bootable USB media, see here for details:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/windows-xpvista-%e2%86%92-windows-10-free-upgrade/

No Events found!