Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 3rd, 2010 04:00

DELL INSPIRON 1564 , Screen goes white blank

my Dell INSPIRON 1564 is only two month old. It has a problem that screen goes blank white while booting. This problem also occured 2-3 times when I was working on it. I re-loaded the video card drive supplied by Dell but problem remains unresolved. Dell support centre is not responding to the problem.

Will be thankful if some one suggest me the remedy/ solution for this problem.

Raj

September 11th, 2010 15:00

I bought Inspiron 1564 around 6 months ago. The problem which I am having for the last 3-4 months is that the screen goes completely white when the laptop is powered ON or when watching videos on youtube, media player or switching screens too fast (b/w full screen and normal mode in a movie) or when Windows 7 asks for permission to execute any installation prog.

Firstly I thought it is a Windows related issue. I searched a lot of forums but no success. Updated Video Drivers from Intel, Dell to the latest time to time, but no result.

Couple of days ago, I realized that the screen goes white in the Setup menu (F2) as well, showing that it is hardware related. Occasionally, some lines appear on screen during Windows boot (like in case of VHS when video tape is too old).

I got some hope after reading above post. Can anyone help ? Specs are as under

Dell Inspiron 1564

Core i3

2 GB DDR3

15.4", 250GB, Webcam, HDMI

BIOS ver. A11 (Updated as of 8/18/2010)

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 12th, 2010 04:00

See if there's a good image on an external monitor.  If there is, have Dell replace the screen under warranty.  If not, have them replace the system board.

3 Posts

September 14th, 2010 03:00

Yes friend I have the same problem exept that the configuration is bit higher. My problem has compounded further. The laptop is under warrant but I purchased this from Dubai dutyfree shop at airport. Using the laptop in India. Indian dell counterpart is not ready to howner the warranty And I havev a problem as to how to get laptop servised in Dubai. If any one can suggest the wayout, I shall be thankful.

Raj

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 14th, 2010 05:00

You'll have to call and ask about a warranty transfer - generally, the warranty applies only where the system is purchased.

8 Posts

October 6th, 2010 08:00

i am having this same problem -

my Dell INSPIRON 1564 is only two month old. It has a problem that screen goes blank white while booting. This problem also occured 2-3 times when I was working on it. I re-loaded the video card drive supplied by Dell but problem remains unresolved.

i have talked with dell support so far i've re-installed video driver and bios - that did not work.

i've run diagnostics but that revealed nothing yet.

the problem seems to occur much more often when i try to power up without the power cord plugged in. if plugged in, the computer boots almost 100% of the time perfectly with no white screen.

dell support so far has been okay - i'm still under warranty. i hope we can stop the dancing around soon and i can just send it to them for fixing.

2 Posts

October 16th, 2010 15:00

I am facing the same issue as outlined by Launhing14 i.e. the laptop screen turns white blank. I bought the laptop from Carphonewarehouse in May and is under standard dell warranty.

"the problem seems to occur much more often when i try to power up without the power cord plugged in. if plugged in, the computer boots almost 100% of the time perfectly with no white screen"

Has any one got solution for this? Do we need to upgrade BIOS or any other software?

Seems like quite a few users of Inspiron 1564 corei3 users are facing this problem. What's the Dell response to this problem?

8 Posts

October 16th, 2010 20:00

zeeeq - i've spoken with dell support they have be reinstall the bios and video drivers. it still happens. had me run hardware dignostics - which did pick up something (it flashed on the screen) about the power supply. in talking to my IT friends, they both suggested it is something with the power supply. One suggested that i try a new battery since he said his dells often have issues with the batteries.

another thing I've found helps is closing the screen and opening it again. also alt+tab worked. somehow getting the screen to redraw and/or repower up fixes it. if that doesn't work, i reboot. the most frustrating thing is, the problem is intermittent - very much so (at least for me). i bought mine at best buy and when i brought it there for a look, we rebooted a dozen times, with and without the power and it didn't go white screen!

so it's an annoying problem, but so rare, i'm not sure i will bother speaking to dell support any more - they've talked a good game but not been aggressive enough for my liking. support said they would call me back after suggesting i install the bios and video drivers - they never did.

i'm in the market for another laptop and i'm going to look at compaq or HP laptops. it's a shame because i really like my inspiron 1564, and the white screen, all told, is a minor problem. but why settle for any problems? next time - HP or Compaq for me.

sorry i dont have more info mate. i'll post again if i find anything.

October 18th, 2010 05:00

Yes, it is definitely a hardware problem 'cause I had it several times at the time of POST. This means there is no problem with the drivers. Dell site still has old version of the driver. But I have also checked and installed latest one from Intel's site. No success with the BIOS update as well.

The problems worsen when the laptop is not connected to the power supply and running alone on battery.

Update: The VGA output at monitor is fine and there is no problem with it.

8 Posts

October 18th, 2010 07:00

great points shahz - it usually does occur during power-on-self-test so the drivers would likely be irrelevant. i've only had it happen once or twice once i got past the boot phase. so we are looking at an intermittent hardware problem. but since it is intermittent - how do we get dell to replace the screen? it's under warranty, but when i took it to best buy - it didn't do it even though i booted a dozen times. what do you think? can i just request dell replace the screen hardware?

October 19th, 2010 05:00

You can remove disconnect power cord from the laptop frequently and white screen is welcomed. Also, it is triggered when Win 7 asks to execute an installation/setup file or pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL and sometimes during a video playback. Means whenever there are intense changes on screen, it turns to white.

For warranty claiming, the video of the problem can be recorded & must be submitted with the laptop. I suppose. whats your suggestion.

8 Posts

October 19th, 2010 07:00

shahz - i just had it happen this morning while booting - when it got to the Win 7 login where you select the user's profile, it was gone. It's done this before. like i said - for now, i can live with it. i like your idea of taking a quick video of it happening and submitting that to support - that is what i will do if the problem ever becomes more than an occasional nuisance.

1 Message

October 29th, 2010 07:00

hello everybody

me too using inspiron 1564, i3 processor.

my screen also suddenly turns white after using it for 2-3 hours. its just been 3 months since i purchased.

i see many people facing this problem.

how can i resolve this problem. i brought it from dubai, now using in india. i dont know whether it has warranty or not.

if anyone has solution for this problem plzzz post it..

regards

lokesh reddy

1 Message

November 11th, 2010 06:00

@Laughing 14

i am facing exactly the same problem. I bought this one from Dubai.

can you let me know the solution you found out for this probem.

8 Posts

November 18th, 2010 07:00

Okay - I showed my laptop to an IT friend and he seemed to think there was an issue with the switch that shuts off the screen when the laptop lid closes. He said to open the laptop lid as far as it will go before powering on. Once it boots you can then adjust the screen how you like. Also, when shutting down, do not close the screen lid until the computer has fully shut off.

I have been doing this strange ritual and it has worked 100% . I hope this helps people out there. THank you.

2 Posts

October 9th, 2011 10:00

The suggestion of opening the laptop lid as far as it will go before powering on actually worked great for around 6-7 months, however afterwards even this workaround isn't working.

The only way to use this Inspiron 1564 laptop now is via connecting it to external monitor. Any idea is it happening with all the inspiron 1564 laptops or is it issue with specific batch?

All: Any other tips and tricks? Has anyone tried sending the laptop back to dell? How much it costs to repair it (the laptop is not longer on warranty)?

No Events found!