Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 7th, 2010 23:00

DELL INSPIRON 1564 laptop freezes randomly while working

I recently purchased dell inspiron 1564 laptop.

but it randomly freezes almost all the time i m using it.

its keypad and touchpad stops working and screen just freezes.

i reinstalled my OS(Windows 7) and antivirus also done a full system scan but the problem is not solved.

what is the problem and how to solve it?

64 Posts

September 8th, 2010 09:00

If you have done a fresh reinstall its possible there is a hardware issue. Because its new it should be under warranty and you can call up dell and they should be able to help and if need be sort out the hardware issues.

4 Posts

October 3rd, 2010 07:00

-

4 Posts

October 3rd, 2010 07:00

Hi all,

I have exactly the same behaviour. Randomly while I work the system stalls. It freezes for a couple minutes and them it gets back. It is a lag. I work as  a system engineers in CS industry and according to my experience this is a hardware malfunction that may be able to overcomed with BIOS or drivers updates. Dell should do something for this...

Thank you,

4 Posts

November 28th, 2010 14:00

The problem here seems to be solved after installed the A11 bios update + dell system utilities update + intel graphics update accelarator

i had the intel graphics version of dell inspiron 1564 and windows 7 64 bit . the former bios version was A04

3 Posts

January 19th, 2012 05:00

Hello,

I have  a similar freezing problem. 

I have a Dell Inspiron 1564 Black v4, Core i5 430M; 320Gb, 4096Mb, ATI Mobility Radeon HD5450. Now I'm Using windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits. I've used before other versions of Windows: Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bits, Windows & Home edition 32 and 64 bits and the problem still occured.

I have the bios version A13 and the latest driver versions.

I discovered this problem since i first bought the computer.

The computer freezes for 30seconds to 1 minute and after that unfreezes and goes back to normal and it doesn't require a reboot.

My computer freezes randomly. Sometimes it happens a couple of time a day and sometimes it happens once a week. It freezes when i use random programs, just listening to music, watching a movie, browsing the web or using other different programs.

I took my laptop to a dell authorised service and told them about this problem. After two days they called me back and said the laptop is working fine. That they ran all the tests and came out ok.

When i've got home with my laptop i've realised that the problem wasn't solved. It's been acting the same way as before. 

I have 6 more months of dell warranty and i want to solve this problem.

What needs to be done?

No Events found!