Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 4th, 2016 11:00

DELL INSPIRON 5547 Hinge ISSUE

I too have had the exact same issue with the Dell Inspiron 5547 6 months after buying it. It was under warranty so Dell fixed it. 8 months later the exact same problem occurs but now it is out of warranty and Dell wants $160.00 to fix it. Dell can only tell me to send it in and they will fix it for the $160.00 fee. They won't listen that the issue is identical to the one experienced while the product was under warranty and imply the problem is my fault and not an inherent design problem. The answer from them is I should have extended the warranty and this can't be a design issue as they have not received complaints about it. This forum validates complaints exist. As a previous Dell customer for the last 14 years I have purchased my last Dell. They don't stand behind their products and prefer to shift the blame to the customer. I was in the market for a new laptop and guess what I'm buying an Apple. All because a company I stood behind for years won't stand up for their customers. Now for the other 3 Dell laptops in my house, those too will be replaced by a more reputable company that actually understands customer service and is willing to fix their design flaws if they occur.

1 Message

July 1st, 2016 08:00

Did you solve the issue ? I am having exact same issue. Laptop is still in warranty. Tommorow I am planning to visit sc.  There has been no physical damage yet. If they still ask me to pay , i am so going to file a complaint  against dell. After so many complaints its evident that its manufacturing defect and they should fix it . If they don't then dell ***. Did you pay ?

2 Posts

July 1st, 2016 13:00

After being told multiple times I should have purchased an extended warranty I did indeed have to pay. After hours on the phone with them they wouldn't relent, or admit to any issue. They have a basic response of if they had an issue they would put out a notification bulletin and since they have not, there isn't an issue with the design or components. We will see how long the "fix" work this time. Since your laptop is under warranty you shouldn't have to pay, but either buy the extended warranty or in a year from now when the same part breaks you will be told it is somehow your fault and be forced to pay. Good Luck!
No Events found!