Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 30th, 2016 01:00

DELL INSPIRON 7568 TOUCHSCREEN NOT WORKING

HELLO 

I BOUGHT MY DELL INSPIRON 7568 LAPTOP FROM US CURRENTLY I AM IN INDIA AS I BOUGHT THIS LAPTOP FROM USA CALIFORNIA IN BEST BUY ??

? CAN I GET WARRENTY IN INDIA

I GUESS BEST BUY PROVIDE WARRENTY IN US ONLY ??

MY TOUCHSCREEN IS NOT WORKING  DELL IN  INDIA  CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS SAYING

I NEED TO REPLACED MY CURRENT LCD SCREEN WITH NEW ONE. BECAUSE TOUCH SCREEN SENSE IS NOT WORKING IS IT POSSIBLE ? ITS ONLY ONE MONTH OLD LAPTOP

I HAVE TRYED ALL POSSIBLE WAYS BY DOWNLOADING DRIVERS AND ALL.

PLS GUIDE ME ABOUT WARRENTY AND TOUCH SCREEN PROBLEM.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

March 30th, 2016 05:00

The following are needed before you can transfer the warranty:

1.  You must have upgraded (or upgrade now) the warranty to onsite service -- the basic 12 month return to depot warranty is not transferable internationally.

2.  The model must be sold in the market where you want to transfer the warranty.

Start by contacting Dell in India -- you will likely need to purchase a warranty upgrade first.  Then see here:

www.dell.com/.../04;l=en&s=bsd&cs=04

4 Posts

March 31st, 2016 22:00

CAN YOU GIVE ME SOLUTION ABOUT TOUCHSCREEN PROBLEM 

I HAVE TRYED TO DOWNLOAD BIOS DRIVERS AND OTHER DRIVERS BUT ITS STILL NOT WORKING

AND IN DEVICE MANAGEER TOUCH SCREEN DRIVER IS MISSING.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

April 1st, 2016 08:00

Did the touchscreen work out of the box, and stop working -- or has it never worked?

If it never worked, are you certain the system has the touchscreen option?

If you're not sure, check the original configuration of the system using the service tag (support.dell.com if it was purchased in the US).

If the screen was at one point working and stopped - and is no longer recognized by the system, chances are the display assembly needs replacement.

4 Posts

April 1st, 2016 09:00

my laptop is 2 in one with touchscreen it was working initially

but after 15 days it stopped working after i put my laptop on sleep mode overnight

this laptop is best buy product now i am in india m not sure best buy give internaional warrenty

4 Posts

April 1st, 2016 09:00

as i bought this  inspiron 7000 series 7568 2 in 1 tochscreen laptop in

usa san francisco califonia from best buy

now i am using this laptop in india i have filled warrenty transfer form but m not sure this best buy give international warrenty so please guide me on  this touchscreen problem is because of some software issue or need to replaced the screen.

if it will not cover in warrenty how much it will cost me ??

thank you

11 Posts

February 19th, 2017 14:00

this is the same case i have posted here :

en.community.dell.com/.../20978985

but i just discovered it. Seems that is an old issue.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

February 19th, 2017 15:00

It looks like the display cable can be accessed from the bottom (just by removing the bottom cover).  You might want to try reseating the connector (DISCONNECT the AC power and battery FIRST).

Service manual:

www.dell.com/.../Before-working-inside-your-computer

No Events found!