Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 24th, 2013 02:00

DELL INSPIRON N5110 15 BLUETOOTH IS NOT WORKING IN WINDOWS 8.1 x64

hi, i've Dell INSPIRON N5110 Intel Core(TM) i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz 2.10GHz, i've installed  windows 8.1, it's showing Bluetooth software in the device manager and also showing blue icon of Bluetooth under task bar menu, but my Bluetooth is not working correctly, every time i search for any device it don't search any deviece and whenever i try to make it visible for other devices it gives error  i've also tried to install software available at dell site using different compatible modes like compatible with windows 8 or with windows 7 but it's not working ,please help me how can i make my Bluetooth work  

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

October 24th, 2013 04:00

Hi Ahsan Mughal,

The inspiron N 5110 is not tested with Windows 8.1, hence there are no drivers available. Please let me know how did you installed the Windows 8.1 and what was the previous operating system.

15 Posts

October 24th, 2013 05:00

i simply just download the windows 8.1 provided for me from my university and install it as we install new operating system and my previous operating system was windows 8...

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

October 27th, 2013 08:00

Hi Ahsan Mughal,

Please uninstall the wireless/Bluetooth driver from the programs and features. Follow the steps below.

Start > in search box type in program and features > select the wireless/Bluetooth driver > right click on it and click uninstall.

Once the driver is uninstalled, use the link below to install the wireless/ Bluetooth driver using the link below.

http://dell.to/13EVLww

In this link punch in the system service tag or express service code, select the appropriate operating system (Windows 8) and install the wireless/Bluetooth in compatability mode, follow the steps below.

Right Click the driver installation file and select Properties/Compatibility Tab > check the box run this program in compatibility mode, Select the appropriate options. Once the driver is installed check if the issue persists.

1 Message

October 29th, 2013 10:00

Hi, 

when uninstalling the "Dell WLAN and Bluetooth client installation", which i supposed to be the driver from programs and features. It says "Installer can not run on this platform. Please select package for your operating system."

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

October 30th, 2013 02:00

Hi ArshaadW,

Please uninstall the Dell WLAN and Bluetooth driver from device manager, follow the steps below.

Start > in search box type in device manager > under the network > select the wireless and bluetooth and right click on it and uninstall and check the box (delete the software for this device). Restart your computer. Install the Dell wireless/bluetooth driver which I have provided in my previous post.

1 Message

November 7th, 2013 10:00

hi,

I am also suffering from the dell wireless driver installation in my dell 15r-N5110 with windows 8.1 64 bit system

as per your suggestion i had checked with my service tag, but the driver listed are all old drivers, can you suggest the driver link so that the same can locate and install.

pl reply back soon

Regards

Deepak

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

November 8th, 2013 03:00

Hi Deepak,

The Inspiron N 5110 is not tested with Windows 8.1; hence there are no drivers available. However, you can try installing the wireless driver (windows 8) in the compatibility mode.

http://dell.to/19K2yHW 1701 wireless driver

http://dell.to/19K2yHW 1702 wireless driver

Choose the appropriate wireless driver for your system and install it, Follow the steps below to install in compatibility mode

Right Click the driver installation file and select Properties/Compatibility Tab > check the box run this program in compatibility mode, Select the appropriate options.

November 23rd, 2013 12:00

My Wireless was working fine. But not bluetooth. If I uninstall both , Will I get any trouble in Wireless driver ?? Pls need your reply sir !!

November 23rd, 2013 13:00

As you said I tried to install 1702 driver. But got this error message. Please help me . I was frustrated with this. Using Windows 8.1 INSPIRON N5110. Wireless driver was working fine.

1 Message

December 5th, 2013 08:00

I have had the same problem on my Inspiron laptop  (service tag <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>) with Windows 8.  Loaded Windows 8.1 and Bluetooth no longer works. Tried your suggestions and still will not recognize any of Bluetooth devices. It just keeps searching for a device. Another odd thing is in the device manager under bluetooth, one of my devices-my phone-shows up. Do not understand why, since it never recognizes it.  My phone does not show the Dell on it like it used to before. 

1 Message

January 7th, 2014 16:00

This describes a working solution for Inspiron 15 3521. Perhaps will work for you. I am having the same problem and am about to try this.

http://www.basictechtricks.com/2013/11/how-to-fix-bluetooth-not-working-in-windows-8-1-for-dell-laptops.html

1 Message

September 10th, 2015 21:00

Thanks for sharing this post: http://www.mobiletechbase.com

June 5th, 2016 12:00

Hello. I was facing the same issue that you were facing. The comments mentioned above me did not solve my problem.

Instead, i came across this site, download the bluetooth driver from here for Windows 8.1. It is the one that is around 250mb. Install it, it provides the necessary drivers and enables the laptop bluetooth! I hope this solves your issue as well

www.driverscape.com/.../242

No Events found!