Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

November 20th, 2017 03:00

DELL Inspiron 15 7569 2-in-1 Battery failure! Help!

This afternoon I had a message popping out which basically tells me my about the battery failing and it needed to be plugged into the AC for it to turn on. I got so scared. I've checked many posts about battery life and it says batteries are consumables and can just be replaced but I've checked the Dell Store completely and they don't sell this model's battery? I've only just seen power banks for laptops! I'm not pretty sure. This is my first time handling this type of problem since this is my first laptop so I'm pretty shaken. 

I don't really have anything on here, just a few offline games, movies, and pictures. But I did always make sure I didn't overcharge it. I don't even know where the battery is located! 

Any help would be great! 

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

November 20th, 2017 06:00

The service manual for your laptop is http://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/inspiron-15-7569-2-in-1-laptop_service%20manual_en-us.pdf

You have to remove the base cover. You will need a Philips head screwdriver 00 size. The screws are metric, but I have found that the 00 size is close enough.

It is not hard but it isn't easy especially for someone like you who has not done something like that before. 

You will want to make sure that the pop-up message is legitimate though.

No Events found!