doti
1 Copper

DELL Inspiron 7559 Froze while Gaming, won't hard shutdown

While playing CS:GO, my laptop froze and won't shutdown with holding down the power button, had to open up the back panel and pull the battery connector to shut it down. This is the first time it happened, had the laptop since Feb.

Is it related to cpu temperature management? Ambient temperature in my room is kinda high lately would peak to 87 degrees C using HWMonitor from 80 normally.

Any feedback/replies to this post is pretty much appreciated! Just want to know what to avoid to keep it from happening again.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

RE: DELL Inspiron 7559 Froze while Gaming, won't hard shutdown

Hi DOTI,

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.

Please run the on-board diagnostics < F12 > to check if there are any error message or codes that are captured.

Has the issue re-occurred?

Has there been any recent software or hardware changes?

Can you check in safe mode if the system freezes?

Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id.

(Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum
as it contains your personal information).

Regards,
DELL-Akshatha M
Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell

DELL-Akshatha M
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Dell Support Videos 
Drivers and Downloads

0 Kudos
doti
1 Copper

Where can i find the on board diagnostics? f12 does not work

0 Kudos
Seph_jws
1 Copper

I've just experienced the same problem - crashed while gaming. Can't hard *** down. Now my screen is frozen after a restart error check screen loaded. Sigh.

0 Kudos
doti
1 Copper

Laptop FROZE on me again while playing World of Warcraft, I think it has something to do with gaming with the laptop for 8hrs+ straight

0 Kudos
Pernic1ous
1 Copper

Is there any resolution for this issue? My Inspiron 7559 froze while playing Witcher 3 and won't hard shutdown down. It's completely frozen and I can't run any diagnostics.

Is it safe to shut down by removing the battery while unplugged? Or should I run the battery down?

Thanks!

0 Kudos