DELL Inspiron15 3521 audio problem

Jump to solution

Hi,

I had bought this  DELL Inspiron15 3521 laptop sometime back and I'm facing an issue with the audio. I experienced it while I'm using earphones only. The audio on my right earphone fluctuate very much and sometimes works  only on left side. I initially thought it was an issue with my earphone but i tried with multiple earphones and still I experienced the same problem. But the laptop speakers works fine. Could it be an issue with the audio port? Can someone help me on this.

im using windows 8 OS 

Thank you,

Umesh

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

RE: DELL Inspiron15 3521 audio problem

Jump to solution

You have tried multiple headphones and performance on the right speaker is always spotty?  You only notice this with the head phones that you have tried but not the integrated speakers, they seem to run correctly? 

I take it that you are using only the headphone jack, have you tried USB speakers, or headsets and see if they have the same issue?

If the problem only occurs when you are plugged into the headphone jack, there may well be a defect with the audio port.  Unfortunately on this system the audio port is integrated on the system board, and replacing the port would require swapping out the system board.

TB

Specialize in Laptops, Mobile Devices
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

if the problem is just with the earphone jacks, the system board will need to be replaced.  If you are in the US I may be able to help.  I will send you a friend request so I can get your information.  Please understand service options may be limited if the notebook is out of warranty.

TB

#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jump to solution

You have tried multiple headphones and performance on the right speaker is always spotty?  You only notice this with the head phones that you have tried but not the integrated speakers, they seem to run correctly? 

I take it that you are using only the headphone jack, have you tried USB speakers, or headsets and see if they have the same issue?

If the problem only occurs when you are plugged into the headphone jack, there may well be a defect with the audio port.  Unfortunately on this system the audio port is integrated on the system board, and replacing the port would require swapping out the system board.

TB

#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

yes sir i experience the problem only when i plugin a headphoneinto the 3.5mm jack ,my internal speaker&usb speakers  is working fine,i tried updating the realtek audio driver but its not updating so i uninstalled and downloaded the file from dell website but its not installing properly i ger a error msg, so now my laptop is running with conexant native driver but the problem presists so plz plz plz help me to get rid of this problem

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

if the problem is just with the earphone jacks, the system board will need to be replaced.  If you are in the US I may be able to help.  I will send you a friend request so I can get your information.  Please understand service options may be limited if the notebook is out of warranty.

TB

#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos