Highlighted
djones05
Copper

DELL Latitude E5450 blank screen after dell logo start up

Hi,

Greetings!

I would like to ask for your assistance because I'm already out of ideas how to resolve this issue. Right after I powered up the laptop, it will get past the DELL logo screen, then it will be completely just black screen. I wouldn't even hear any activity from the CPU fan, HDD and pressing the Caps Lock doesn't lit up the LED. The LED indicators on the side are only displaying the power indicator, but none for HDD, Battery and Wireless.

Here are the steps that I have done so far:

1) Removed the HDD and Battery, then press & hold the power button for at least 45-60 seconds to disperse the internal voltage. Then attach the Battery, but not the HDD.

2) Press and hold Fn and then the Power button, hoping to boot me up to the ePSA Diagnostic Utility

3) Press F2 or F12 while booting up

4) Re-seat the memory and also clean with a dry tissue

These are the procedures that I have done but nothing has changed. It still displays blank screen right after the DELL logo.

I do hope that you could assist me on this. Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
2 Replies

RE: DELL Latitude E5450 blank screen after dell logo start up

Hi Djones05

Thanks for writing to us. 

When did the issue start? Was there any hardware or software changes done recently? 

Thanks for trying out the troubleshooting so far. If possible can you please try this Hard drive on another machine or another HDD on this machine.

Did the fn + power initiate the diagnostics? 

Does the machine load the f8 menu when tapped? if yes, please try the safemode option.

Do provide us your system tag#, email address and name via private message,by clicking on my name in blue and then select send a private message

DELL-Hemalatha P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Dell Support Videos 
Drivers and Downloads

0 Kudos

RE: DELL Latitude E5450 blank screen after dell logo start up

Hi We are awaiting your response.

DELL-Hemalatha P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Dell Support Videos