My laptop is Dell 3537 with 8850M AMD Graphic.
Please update the driver for the AMD 8850M Windows 8.1, because the driver on the site is very old and gives a small FPS in games, and driver from AMD (13.12/13.11) cause problems with sleep mode and the screen turns off - the screen goes black and will not turn on.
Solved! Go to Solution.
A lot of people have same problem, but Dell play possum. I have Dell 15r 5537 and it is really great notebook, but there is a huge problem with graphic driver that needs to be solved by Dell.
DELL PLEASE SOLVED IT = A LOT OF CUSTOMERS WILL BE SATISFIED
Same issue here with the Inspiron 17R with the 8870M. Glad to see more users reporting it. Unimpressed that Dell hasn't been able or willing to chime in on one of the many threads with regard to these driver issues.
I have a support request open with Dell and am asking them specifically for an ETA on driver updates. Will report back here with their response.
I found the solution in an older topic. I could not believe it works. Now I know where the problem is.
!!! LATEST VERSION INTEL VIDEO DRIVER (10.18.10.3308, A01) NOT WORKS WITH LATEST AMD DRIVER (188.8.131.52, A00) - THIS IS A PROBLEM FOR WHICH HD8850M DOES NOT WORK!!!!
Here is my modified instructions from Perrygogas:
1. Upgrade BIOS to A06.
2. Download (do not install yet) the drivers for Windows 8.1 from DELL's site (not from the manufacturers) for Chipset x 2 and Display x 2. These are the ones in the attached image. All drivers are the latest version expect for Intel video driver - you must download PREVIOUS VERSION (10.18.10.3277,A00), which works perfectly.
3. Uninstall Intel video driver and all AMD Catalyst software. You can use "Display Driver Uninstaller" in SAFE MODE - it is really good, simple and free program.
4. Restart Notebook.
5. Install all drivers EXCEPT the one for VIDEO_AMD - the first one in the image above.
6. Restart Notebook.
7. Check if the AMD device is still uninstalled (in Programs and Features) if not go to step 3.
8. Install the driver "Video_AMD....". This is the driver for AMD Radeon 8800M and above the first one in the image.
9. Restart Notebook.
10. AMD graphic should works now.
Finally received a response to my support ticket with Dell - they are now recommending a motherboard replacement (yes, seriously).
Also, they provided no information regarding an updated Radeon 8850/8870 driver.