Highlighted
Charanjit
1 Copper

DELL Precision 7520 - Internal Mic/Recording Device not working

Hi Support,

I am using DELL Precision 7520 Laptop and my Internal Mic/Recording Device is not working from the time I got this laptop. I am running Windows 10 x64. I have tried updating to the latest Realtek High Definition Audio Driver posted on DELL driver support page have driver last updated date as 17 Oct 2017:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/in/en/indhs1/product-support/servicetag/fv5rbh2/drivers

I also tried diagnosing my Microphone from the following link:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/in/en/indhs1/product-support/servicetag/fv5rbh2/diagnose

But still in the Diagnose window I cannot see any Input device listed therefore cannot start(Pass/Fail) the Interactive Test. Please see the screenshot attached:

Please help.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

RE: DELL Precision 7520 - Internal Mic/Recording Device not working

Hi Charanjit,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies that your system is not working as expected. Make sure you have the drivers installed correctly:

After a fresh copy of windows is installed, always install the Intel chipset driver utility first.
After that, you can install the rest of the devices' drivers in any sequence.
However we would recommend you follow the convention below.

Intel Chipset Drivers
Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Drivers
Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Drivers
Intel Rapid Storage Technolgy (RST) Drivers
RealTek PCI-E Card Reader Drivers
UMA Graphics Drivers
Discrete Graphics Drivers
Realtek Audio Drivers
Intel Ethernet Controller Drivers
Wireless and Bluetooth Drivers
4G LTE Mobile Broadband Drivers
Touchpad Drivers
Intel Thunderbolt Controller Driver
Intel HID Event Filter

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
Charanjit
1 Copper

Thanks for the update Robert. I think every driver was installed in the order you mentioned. But, I suspect the issue is with Windows 10 Enterprise Edition which is installed on my laptop.

I also got remote desktop assistance from Raghavendra.Hs@dell.com who troubleshooted my system for quite some time. Final recommendation was to check if Microphone works on default version of Windows 10 which comes with the laptop. Raghavendra.Hs@dell.com has shared the default window installation steps with me. I have requested the local IT team to look into this and I would share the updates with you.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great! Thanks for the update for the Forum users.

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
Charanjit
1 Copper

UPDATE: Unfortunately the Laptop that was configured for us was the one with:

Non Touch Bezel for FHD without mic and camera

Therefore, no internal mic unlike the regular 7520 which comes with:

15.6" UltraSharp™ FHD IPS Touch (1920x1080) Wide View LED-backlit (72% color gamut) with Cam & Mic