I request all the professionals over here to just let me know the problem and the solution for it.
Yesterday all of a sudden while browsing my laptop (Dell studio 1557 - win 10 - 64 bit - 4 GB Ram - 1 TB HDD - 512 Mb graphics) has stopped responding all of a sudden making a huge buzzing sound, with no option left I have performed force shutdown by pressing the POWER button for a long time.
Later I have tried to start but there is no Display, I can fell that the PC powered up as the cooling fan is rotating and they are no beeps sound immediately after power-on but after about 2-3 min time when ever a key is pressed on the keyboard i can hear a Beep sound (one beep for each key only while pressing) . This is the only thing i can feel and i am unable to know what is the problem.
- I have tried removing the RAM cleaning and putting it back but it didn't help me.
Hoping a solution for the problem kindly help me out.
Thanks in advance
Solved! Go to Solution.
However, I have a few suggestions.....
I suggest you run Dell F12 Preboot Diagnostics tool to check hardware on computer. Please follow steps below:
1. Turn off computer and disconnect all peripherals - printer, flash drive, external drive, etc....).
2. Power on system, quickly start tapping the F12 key continuously. In boot menu, stroll down to diagnostic and then click on it. . Report back any error code. Please click on link below:
If there's no error code, I suggest you power on system, wait a few minutes, close the lid, remove AC adapter, battery, and then press ' Power On ' button for 15 seconds to release Status Flea Power. Install battery, adapter, and then power on system. Hopefully computer boot back into windows 10.
If you aren't able to get into BIOS, I suggest you reseat coin-cell (motherboard) battery. Please follow steps below:
1. Power off system. Remove AC adapter & battery, and then press "Power On' button for 5 seconds.
2. Remove motherboard( coin-cell) battery from system, press 'Power On' for 15 seconds. Replace motherboard battery. Note: I'd suggest you replace coin- cell battery with a new one. You can purchase one at your local Walmart for about $3.00.
3. Replace battery, adapter, and then power on system. Hopefully this step will reset you BIOS to default settings and you are able to boot back into windows 10.
I had a Black Screen once and removing the external power supply seems to have made a difference. Of course, it may have been a coincidence.
XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock