Go to Solution

October 7th, 2013 13:00

DELL VOSTRO 2520 TOUCHPAD PROBLEM

My dell vostro 2520 touchpad is not working at all..please help

2.6K Posts

October 8th, 2013 15:00

Hi ak_singh,

To rectify this issue, please follow the below mentioned steps:

1. Click “Start”, type “Programs and Features” and press enter.
  2. In the “Programs and Features” window, right click “Quickset64”, click “Change/Uninstall”.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation.
  4. Restart the computer.
  5. Use the following link to download the Quickset driver: http://dell.to/17F08dH
  6. Enter the service tag of the system and select the operating system from the list.
  7. From the list select Applicationàselect the Dell-Application for “Dell quickset”à select Download file.
  8. Once the download is completed, run the driver file.
  9. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
  10. Restart the computer.
  11. Use the following link to download the Dell Touchpad: http://dell.to/17F08dH
  12. Enter the service tag of the system and select the operating system from the list and select Input application and select the touchpad Drivers from the list.
  13. From the list select Inputàselect the Dell Design Driver for “touchpad””à select Download file.
  14. Once the download is completed, run the driver file.
  15. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
  16. Restart the computer.

Check the functionality of the touchpad and post the results.

2.6K Posts

October 7th, 2013 14:00

Hi ak_singh,

I suggest you to Enable the Touchpad by using the key combination Fn+F3 and check if it is working.

Connect an external mouse and check if the cursor moving. If the cursor is not moving then, please check the functionality of the touchpad in Safe mode with networking:

1. Restart the computer.
  2. Keep tapping F8 on the Dell Logo Screen.
  3. Once the computer enters Advanced Boot Option, select Safe Mode with Networking.
  4. Press Enter.

This will help us to isolate the problem between hardware and software.

Please post the results.

6 Posts

October 8th, 2013 02:00

and one more thing i am unable to see my touchpad driver below the mice and pointing devices option in device manager only external mouse drivers are available below it.

6 Posts

October 8th, 2013 02:00

hii,

Thanks for replying nikhil.i have performed the above steps.my Fn+F3 key combination is not working.

also i am already using an external mouse and its working perfectly.what to do next?

6 Posts

October 11th, 2013 07:00

heyy nikhil,

i have performed the steps listed above and right now my touchpad and keyboard keys are working perfectly.thanks for your assistance,f i'll face issues again i'l let you know.

thanks

6 Posts

October 11th, 2013 11:00

heyy,

i am facing that problem again my touchpad again stopped working,it's doing absolutely nothing,no movement,what do you suggest now??

thanks in advance.

2.6K Posts

October 11th, 2013 16:00

Hi ak_singh,

Please Enable the Touchpad in Touchpad properties, connect an external mouse to computer and follow the below mentioned steps:

1. Go to Control Panel and select Mouse. The Mouse properties window is displayed.
  2. Open the Touchpad tab and then select Click to Change Touchpad Settings.
  3. Click Enable to change the settings.
  4. Disconnect the Mouse and check if the touchpad is working.

To confirm the hardware functionality, I would request you to run the Pre-Boot System Assessment (PSA / ePSA) Diagnostics 

You may also refer to this video on how to run the ePSA Diagnostics: http://dell.to/1dMViiD

Please check and post the results.

6 Posts

October 12th, 2013 04:00

hii, I can't find the "Enable" option after clicking "Change Touch pad Settings",all it is showing is gestures,sensitivity etc options.also I ran the PSA Diagnostics Test and it showed "all test passed".reply ASAP.

2.6K Posts

October 14th, 2013 18:00

Hi ak_singh,

Did you try to Enable the Touchpad by using the key combination Fn+F3 or only F3 and check if it is working.

No Events found!