Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 3rd, 2015 15:00

DELL VOSTRO 5470 WIFI PROBLEM

hi,,I have experienced and I have problems with Wifi in Vostro 5470
I don't resolve the problem, but I observe something
everytime i connect my external drive to my laptop,the connection is going limited with no internet access,,when i remove the external hard drive the connection back to normal
i'm using win 7 64bit and my hard drive is wd my passport ultra 1tb
i have installed newest intel driver Wireless_17.16.0_s64 but no progress at all
please help me
and i promise i will not buy any dell brand for my next laptops

1.2K Posts

May 4th, 2015 04:00

Good day !

Connecting an external hard drive to the system should not affect the WiFi speed however just to resolve the issue I would suggest you to test this external hard drive on a different system as I would like to confirm if its the external hard drive or the system's hardware .

Awaiting reply from you .

Kindest Regards,

4 Posts

July 30th, 2015 11:00

Hi.

Same problem here.  Connected my Corsair Voyajer 128gb flash drive and the wifi is gone!

Happens no matter if power cord is connected or not.

Dell,  please provide a solution

1.2K Posts

July 31st, 2015 04:00

Hi ,

Like I have said earlier connecting a flash drive should not affect the wifi . But then to confirm which is the component causing the problem I would ask you to check if the flash drive works fine on any other system .

Similarly confirm if the system's wifi  works fine without the flash drive connected .

I hope this helps ,if there are any other concerns do write to us .

4 Posts

July 31st, 2015 05:00

Hi.

The drive works fine on other systems.

Also, the wifi works fine when the drive is not attached.

Moreover, if the drive is attached to the rigth side usb port - the wifi works, though the connection is not as good as without the drive. If the drive is connected to eather one of the left-side usb ports - no wifi at all!

Two complete strangers, with 2 seperate systems and different flash drive have the SAME exact problem... You really should look into it, I expect a better answer then the one you provided.

Thank you.

1.2K Posts

July 31st, 2015 12:00

Hi ,

Assist me with some more information .

*System service tag ( send it via private message )

*Os installed on the system .

Awaiting your response .

Kind Regards ,

4 Posts

August 1st, 2015 23:00

Hi

Thanks for replying.

I have sent you the service tag via p.m.

Thanks!

1.2K Posts

August 3rd, 2015 02:00

Hi Ehasin ,

Thank you for the reply ! Will look into the details and send you a private message .

Kindest Regards ,

March 14th, 2017 08:00

Hi all, I'm having the same problem now, i didn't have to use any external drive before, but now I need to use it in my work.

What you did to solve the problem?

Here follows my service tag:

4 Posts

March 14th, 2017 11:00

Hi. My problem was solved with upgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 10.

No Events found!