Highlighted
callmemarkkk
1 Copper

DELL XPS 13 2017 model battery draining while laptop ASLEEP

My DELL XPS 13 2017 model battery getting drained for no reason while laptop is asleep. I have XPS 13 2017 model i7 16GB 512SSD.

Any solution to this problem?

I have updated all the drivers, firmwares, removed all wake up PC power options, and there's no wake up timer, this is depressing, and gravely disappointing. 

I thought this laptop can last 7 hours with standard usage, but even sleep mode wouldn't last me 7 hours -_-

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Saltgrass
4 Ruthenium

RE: DELL XPS 13 2017 model battery draining while laptop ASLEEP

Some things you might start with are what is the exact model of the XPS 13 and open an administrative command prompt and type the following.  Let us know what the listing shows.

powercfg /a

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos
callmemarkkk
1 Copper

My exact model is DELL XPS13 9360

Below is the powercfg /a result:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /a

The following sleep states are available on this system:

Standby (S3)

The following sleep states are not available on this system:

Standby (S1)

The system firmware does not support this standby state.

Standby (S2)

The system firmware does not support this standby state.

Hibernate

Hibernation has not been enabled.

Standby (S0 Low Power Idle)

Hybrid Sleep

Hibernation is not available.

Fast Startup

Hibernation is not available.

0 Kudos
Saltgrass
4 Ruthenium

The listing you show is a little confusing.  I thought the 9360 was a Modern Standby system like my 9365, but I suppose I was wrong.

If it isn't draining power while in a low power mode, the sleep should last as long as you have it set and then hibernation will stop the battery drain.  But you have hibernation disabled...

On my 9365 it shows 5 1/2 hours remaining from 100% for normal usage.  Since nothing is actually running on my side, that number will decrease as I open utilities.

If you have made any modifications to your system power capabilities, you might explain what you did.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos