Highlighted
carltonj2014
1 Copper

DELL XPS 15 9530 - Max HDMI/Display-Port Resolutions

Hi All/Dell,

The HDMI output or the display port converted to HDMI does not drive my 2560x1600 DVI/HDMI external monitor.

What is the max resolution that can be driven by the HDMI and display port?

If I get a new display port external monitor, I want to make sure the display port output from the laptop can drive it.

I looked all over the User Manual, spec sheet, etc and could not find this information.

Thanks,

Carlton. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies

RE: DELL XPS 15 9530 - Max HDMI/Display-Port Resolutions

Hey Carlton,

Thanks for the post! The specifications will differ depending on the GPU used in version of the system you’ve purchased.

For options purchased with the Discrete NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 750M 2GB GDDR5 card see:
www.geforce.com/.../specifications
For Intel® HD Graphics 4600 only systems see:
software.intel.com/.../quick-reference-guide-to-intel-processor-graphics

Other factors that may have an effect include the method you are using to display video on the external monitor, clone / extend, the cable being used, the video drivers installed and the settings capabilities of the monitor that you’re using.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Lydia Mutuku
1 Copper

Hi Dell Team,

I have a Dell XPS 159530. I am having challenges connecting it to my monitor which is a HP model Pavilion 23xi using the HDMI port. There is no display on the screen and since the Dell laptop does not have a VGA port when I use a HDMI to VGA converter to connect to the monitor via VGA I am able to project but it is very blurry.

My monitor connects well to other laptops on HDMI to HDMI

0 Kudos
GFlakes
1 Nickel

The HDMI port can only be driven from the intel graphics and the max output is 1920x1080. I've had no luck trying to get any better resolution than that.

0 Kudos
Rhyd
1 Copper

I've had it connected to a 4k TV in the past at 3200 x 2160 30Hz, but since Windows 10 the HDMI doesn't work and neither does wireless display. Pretty apalling for a top of the range laptop really.

0 Kudos