Highlighted
7cpx88
1 Copper

DELL XPS 15 9550 i7 500gb SSD 4k Touchscreen Bluetooth Connectivity Problem (Solved)

I have a Sony STR-DN1030 AV receiver with Bluetooth. I've been working on this issue on and off for 6 months now. The problem was : I would try pairing the computer to the receiver for audio and windows would say paired, but would not connect. I tried un-pairing and pairing , updating drivers, all kinds of forums.  Today I got the computer to connect.. I found a Bluetooth software in the add / remove programs list in the windows control panel. I figured it couldn't get any worse so i went ahead and uninstalled it and tried to connect. It connected right away. I believe that the dell manufactured software for Bluetooth was in conflict with another software ; possibly the windows software that controls Bluetooth devices. I haven't noticed that anything else has bee affected yet.

BTW I am using windows 10 pro

any way It was very frustrating so i wanted to share this information.

1 Reply
MrsApoptosis
1 Copper

RE: DELL XPS 15 9550 i7 500gb SSD 4k Touchscreen Bluetooth Connectivity Problem (Solved)

My headphones would show as "paired" but not "connected" so I was getting no sound...

Thank you! I had tried every other solution posted, to no avail. That is until I came across yours. Uninstall a program > Windows Bluetooth by Broadcomm> Uninstall> Restart and BAM! It works perfectly now.

0 Kudos