Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 17th, 2017 11:00

DELL XPS 15 HDMI has stopped working

I have been using my HDMI port just fine between my home and work PC's. This week turned my laptop on at home and it didnt send a signal to the monitor. In device manager both the Intel Graphics 630 and the NVIDIA GFORCE GTX1050 are enabled in correctly. Windows, DELL and Nvidia drivers are up to date. The only thing i havent tried is restoring windows to a restore point from last week when it was working. Any suggestions if the restore does not work I'm sending this laptop back. It was expensive and I expect it to work accordingly. 

9.4K Posts

August 18th, 2017 06:00

Hi alskdjflasdkjf,

Thanks for posting.

Sorry your computer is not working as expected.  There are a lot of things to consider here. What programs are you running at home and at the office?  Did you "sleep" or "hibernate" the computer when you left the office and went home?  or did you shut it down completely?

What is the operating system you are using?  Are you using a docking station at home or at work?

If you recently purchased the computer, you may be eligible for both software and hardware tech support from Dell, so have you called them to troubleshoot?  You can contact Tech Support at 1-800-624-9896 or 1-800-288-4410, or you can initiate a chat session at:  http://dell.to/2v4snVm

No Events found!