Highlighted
jnadaraj
2 Bronze

DELL XPS 9550 Blue Screen "driver_irql_not_less_or_equal" error

I have started to see this extremely annoying issue with my 1 year old Dell XPS 9550.  In between activity, that being when I am using a browser (usually Chrome) or even an another application for that matter, the computer would just crash and show me the blue screen.  The only tip I've gotten from the error message is that it's related to "driver_irql_not_less_or_equal" error.  Can someone help resolving this issue please? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
johnptd
3 Silver

RE: DELL XPS 9550 Blue Screen "driver_irql_not_less_or_equal" error

Download WhoCrashed. It should tell you what driver is causing the issue. Possibly a recent driver update is causing problems. Do you have any external devices attached to the XPS 9550 when this occurs?

JohnD

0 Kudos
Saltgrass
4 Ruthenium

RE: DELL XPS 9550 Blue Screen "driver_irql_not_less_or_equal" error

If you want, put your dump files on OneDrive and give us a link.  If this is Win 10 we may be able to see something, but no guarantees.

Have you modified your system so it creates the smaller dump files or are you just getting the larger Memory.dmp file.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos