Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 2nd, 2012 11:00

DELL XPS L702x very tricky Freezing problem (kind of a re-post)

Hello,
I am Julekpl, and I have a very bothersome problem. I have a dell xps L702x running windows 7, intel i5 processor @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM. This has been going on for about a month, and I have no idea how it started. My computer is constantly freezing and nothing after the freeze works, so I have to manually boot. I have re-installed windows 7 over 15 times this week, and I have used the format drive option when using my windows instal disk. It seems that whenever I use the internet, whether it is IE no add ons, or Google chrome, it freezes sometimes after 2 minutes, sometimes after 15. Also whenever I watch a downloaded movie for about 2 minutes it freezes as well. Sometimes when I am loading a page online, and I move the cursor it freezes as well. The only time it does not freeze is when I am using microsoft word, and other offline tasks (except any media player). It is not a virus nor any malware, and I am beginning to think it might be Kernel related, but I AM NOT AN EXPERT AND I AM NOT GOOD AT COMPUTERS. Safemode does not provide me sanctuary from the freezes as well. The only things I have installed on my computer is a dell wifi driver (so I can download windows updates) and all of the windows updates, and this is after formatting my hard drive, and still no luck! I have not been able to find any help with this matter, and I guess I will have to start saving up for a computer fix.

Any thoughts? Please help!

No Responses!
No Events found!