Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

October 31st, 2015 02:00

DELL inspiron 15 5558 touch pad issue in windows 10

i have bought DELL 5558 i5 8GB  1TB last week, and upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1.

but my touch pad is not working properly.

it will work after a restart and continue working for a while it will stop when i double tap. or it may stop after a while automatically, what will be the issue. pls help me.

i have tried with uninstalling the driver from device manager, it will work after restarting for a while.

but i didn't get a permanent solution. pls help.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

October 31st, 2015 22:00

Hi lijish,

I’d suggest that you update BIOS and chipset driver on your computer to check for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, then download the BIOS from BIOS section and chipset from chipset section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Also, please connect an external USB mouse to check if it works.

In addition please perform Windows update on the system.

5 Posts

November 4th, 2015 04:00

Hi,

i have tried all the ways, updated BIOS as well as Chip-set drivers and tried restarting.

the thing is it will stop working after an hour or before that.

then i will have to use usb mouse. its really sad that i have got this experience from dell with my brand new laptop. :-(

help me help me pls....!!!

5 Posts

November 4th, 2015 21:00

Hi all,

At last Dell supporting team is saying that this modal wont work with windows 10 properly.

means the touch pad wont work properly and they are working on that to find out the solution for that

so who ever is buying DELL laptops and planing to update to windows 10 especially Inspiron 15 5558 modal.

i request please don't do that..if you don so you will end up in loop and struggle for getting the solution for  it.

i have planed to buy this product to use with latest windows only not for staying old windows platform, so i am planning to return the product back to the seller.. 

5 Posts

November 4th, 2015 22:00

Hi This is the mail that i have got from dell supporting team.

Dear Mr. Bhavan,

Greetings from Dell !!!

as per our telephonic conversation, please roll back your system to Win 8.1 due to incompatibility of the touchpad on Win 10.

Kindly follow the steps below:

1. To roll back your Windows 10, go to your PC Settings, by typing Settings in the taskbar, next to the Windows icon, and clicking on Settings. It will open the PC Settings. Select ‘Update and Security’.

2. The Update and Security option opens. Here you will see options like Windows Update, Activation, Backup, Recovery and Windows Defender. Click on ‘Recovery‘.

This will open the Recovery settings window for your PC. You will see 3 options:

1. Reset this PC: Remove everything and reinstall Windows. This will take your PC to its original factory settings.
  2. Go back to your previous version of Windows: This will just bring your previous Windows back on your PC without affecting your documents and files. Note that you have to carry out the rollback operation, within 30 days of upgrading to Windows 10
  3. Advanced Startup: Here you can change your PC settings using a Windows image or a USB/DVD.

Click on ‘Go back to previous version of Windows’. In this case you see Go back to Windows 8.1.

Microsoft will then ask for your feedback and the reason to uninstall Windows 10.

Make sure your PC is plugged in as the rollback might get interrupted due to power off. Click on the Go back to Windows 8.1 button.

Your system might take a while to process the roll back and read the settings of your previous Windows version. Sit back and enjoy a cup of coffee. Note the important warning – you need to know or remember your password you used to sign on into your previous Windows version.

Thank you for choosing Dell.

Thanks & Regards,

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 9th, 2015 21:00

Hi lijish,

This particular model is compatible with Windows 10 operating system. However to check if it’s an issue with Windows 10 compatibility. I would suggest you to downgrade to Windows 8.1 for issue resolution.

5 Posts

December 7th, 2015 23:00

My Issues are resolved, by replacing the Touchpad.. thanks for helps... i never choose dell again...

and they made another issue for me ...the support engineer forgot to connect the speaker wire inside while replacing the touch pad.

and then again it took one week to raise the complaint and solve the issue.

they came again and  connected the speaker wire. [total one month loop behind my issue.]

now the system is working fine.. only thing is i had lost the brand new look. lost the inspiron label,intel label, and graphic card label. after a month my Brand new laptop become second hand.. my bad luck..

is there anyway to get the label's from dell or to purchase the same from market. 

247 Posts

December 21st, 2015 02:00

Yea, same problem here. Bought 5558 directly from Dell. Definite touchpad issues. Dell does not list Windows driver for this model. In fact this model lists no touchpad driver for Windows 8.1 or Win 10.

Even Windows 10 only installs a old driver from 2006 even in Windows 10. Its a sort of one size fits all driver. I decided to just ask to return notebook. Why would I want to have to send in a brand new notebook and wait for it to be repaired? You can't even force a Synaptic generic driver to install in Windows 10.

17 Posts

November 15th, 2016 02:00

u bro i tell u a thing

buy a mouse or a gaming mouse

cuz i had the 5558 and the mouse moves to the edge when i double tap the touchpad (clickpad) and swipe to the edge and thanks god i buy a g300s gaming mouse and all the good 

18 Posts

March 29th, 2017 14:00

I know this Late to the Game, I've had a lot of Hp's and Compaq Sony's,, Dell has been one of the better more reliable laptop's I've had. Now for the Touchpad issue's,, You didn't mention What pad you have so I will give a Fix for Synaptic touchpad, The Rep. here is saying it' s not compatible WRONG, and here's why I have a Inspiron 1501 L/Top, bought in 2007, I have over the year's upgraded CPU-2.33 Memory-8 gig's Hard drive 500 gig 7200rpm, It came with XP Home then I installed Win 7 Hp then got free offer of Win 10 so I made a Dual boot 7 and 10 Yes I had many driver issue's right a way. I downloaded touchpad drv. for newer different model, Then I ran drv. in compatibility mode for Vista That solved most of the issues except for it wouldn't scroll in EDGE START MENU AND APP'S  but it worked everywhere else, and I'm still working on the scroll issue and getting close.

So partition drive and install 10 give it about 75-100 gig's of room then you can start looking at Drv. for different Brand's and models do some searching for issue's for your model and see if you can find someone that found a method to get around what you are having. Also sorry about them not handling your laptop better but remember it's hard to get good help !!!.

Yes different brand drv. work Thats what I have running for my CPU and couple other's there's a good site called Dell reinstall windows something like that and they have all the different drv.s for different model Dell's No virus which is good. also look for dell drv here for newer models and try them make 2 folder's keep D/l in one and ones that don't work put in other folder them make another for the working ones. You can download all driver's after your done with free tool DSIM  do search for drv. backup with Dsim and you'll see the CMD line you need to use, and don't forget the CMD line to reinstall them.

Don't give up so easy there's aways a way yes it takes some effort and lot's of time, but in the end you'll learn a lot and it's always nice sit back and say I've done that .    

No Events found!