Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

September 23rd, 2016 23:00

DELL inspiron 15R-5521 screen replacement

I have the laptop model inspiron 15R-5521 with service tag , and would like to replace the touchscreen. The screen has two groups of vertical white lines, which do not appear on an external monitor, but these lines do appear on the LCD BIST test on all colors, except for white. The screen's glass is also cracked in a few places.

Firstly, can I purchase and install only a replacement glass for the screen? Alternatively, would it be possible to entirely replace the touchscreen with a non-touchscreen, matte display?

2K Posts

September 24th, 2016 18:00

Hi JG12345,

As there is no warranty, then you could contact our team to get a quote for a paid service call - http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ

If you wish to replace the parts yourself, then check this link - http://bit.ly/2cZX70m 

If you choose to replace the screen with non touch / matte screen - you would need to replace the LCD backcover with a compatible one designed for non touch functionality.

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 24th, 2016 18:00

Though you may be able to find the parts to replace just the glass, it's far from easy to do as the assembly is fused together.  The chances of successfully replacing just the glass without damaging the LCD are not high.  The complete assembly includes the back cover, hinges and cable - along with the touchscreen:

www.parts-people.com/index.php

While you can replace the screen with a non-touch model, you can't just replace the screen - you're going to need a complete upper assembly (bezel, back cover, hinges, LCD and a wiring harness) -- all these parts are different from the touchscreen system you have, and will probably total close to or over what the touchscreen assembly costs.

No Events found!