Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 15th, 2013 05:00

DELL laptop sound problem!

I have an Dell Inspiron laptop. newest 15Z version
The problem is, I plug the headphones in, but the sound is still coming from my laptop's speakers.
Anyway to fix this?

i bought from see this in Online store. Will they provide warranty?? can you check on them here and tell me about getting warranty from them

please

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

July 15th, 2013 06:00

Hi Sanjananb,

Please follow the below mentioned steps to set the Headphone as the default device:

1. Open Control Panel and select Sound.
  2. When the Sound dialog appears click the Playback tab.
  3. Verify if the Headphone is listed and the right sound card listed under playback devices.
  4. If so, right click the Headphone device and click on default playback device.
  5. If they are not listed, Right click on the blank space and click on show disabled device.
  6. If the Headphone gets listed.
  7. Right click the “Headphone” select “Enable”. Right click the “Headphone” again and select “Set as default device” from the same list.
  8. Click “Ok”. Now remove and reconnect the Headphone and check.

I was unable to open the link, it was giving an error.  Please use the service tag of the computer and check warranty status from this link: http://dell.to/zEE2Cm

Try the above steps and post the results.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

July 15th, 2013 06:00

Dell sells both an Inspiron 15z and an XPS 15z. They are quite different from each other so you should specify your laptop's model line.

Generally speaking, if you re-install your audio driver and yet the problem remains, then it is most likely a hardware problem. Hardware problems are covered under the Dell warranty. If you bought the laptop from Dell (your link does not work and I am not sure if you mean Dell's online store) then contact tech support about getting warranty service.

No Events found!