Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

July 29th, 2016 11:00

DELL logo stuck

My  friend got a  Dell inspiron 15 3000 series with windows 8.1  .It ran fine for 2 years. But  now  its not working.

The system show dell logo on starting and does not got past it  . its just stuck.

BIOS setting( UEFI) can be accessed using F2,   boot priority  setting key F12 do not work.

Even DELL dell epsa pre-boot system assessment test  works fine.  

In some cases the problems disappears and the system works . But after restarting , it will get stuck with dell logo.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 29th, 2016 12:00

General troubleshooting:

Unplug the system and remove or disconnect the battery.  Hold the power button for 30 sec.  Remove and reinstall both memory modules.

Try powering on with AC only - if it will, but won't if the battery is connected, the battery needs to be replaced.

If it still won't power up successfully after resetting the system as above, remove the hard drive. If you can then get into setup (F2 at powerup) successfully, replace the drive.

If you still can't get into the system after doing the above, try one memory module at a time until you find the bad module (replace it) or bad socket (see below).

If one of the memory sockets turns out to be the problem -- or the above yields no results, replace the mainboard.

4 Posts

July 31st, 2016 08:00

Thanks for the reply 

I dont believe there is  a problem with hardware since the DELL preboot assessment tool shows no error on scaning.

The system has dual boot with Linux and windows 8.1.

I even  changed  UEFI to Legacy mode ,still nothing.

I tried to boot from disc but after using it the BIOS will shows up.

I cant understand how there will be problem with boot files   since the UEFI has secure boot setting turned on in the first place.

1 Message

August 15th, 2017 23:00

Hi, midhu25

The only culprit is bad Keyboard, unplug the keyboard and see the magic.

No Events found!