Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 28th, 2017 12:00

DISKPART not showing source media on LIST DISK or LIST VOLUME?

I have an EXTERNAL USB Drive 1gb that I use to IMAGE machines all the time.  An employee got a new laptop Dell E5470 with an M.2 Sata SSD, and when I boot this machine to the external drive to apply a new image, diskpart does not show the External HDD under List Volume or List Disk.  I have played around in the BIOS thinking because of the new M.2 Sata SSD there was a setting that was causing this but I am unable to find anything that allows this to work.  It will boot from the External Drive but when running diskpart, it will not sow the drive so I can't apply and image or take an image since I have no were to place the image or copy it from.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 1st, 2017 10:00

Is there another Latitude E5470 there without the M.2 Sata SSD that you could boot to the external USB drive and use diskpart? If yes, compare its BIOS settings to the Latitude E5470 with M.2 Sata SSD.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

May 1st, 2017 10:00

What operating system is on the external drive - and what CPU is in the new system (note that the new seventh-generation Kaby Lake CPUs do not support Windows prior to Windows 10).  If it's Windows PE, be sure you have an up to date version of that -- the older versions won't have support for newer CPUs and chipsets.

No Events found!