Re: DVD drive issue

0 Kudos

Re: DVD drive issue

Hi Sanjay,

Thank you for the information. It seems the updated version is already installed that is why the error is coming. I would suggest you to run hardware diagnostics on the system for hardware functionality, by following the steps below:

• Reboot and press F12 to enter the Boot Menu
  • When the boot device list appears, highlight Diagnostics and press Enter
  • The computer begins to run the Pre-boot System Assessment, a series of embedded diagnostics that perform initial testing on your system board, keyboard, hard drive, and display
  • In case any hardware component is bad, you will get a corresponding error

Keep me posted with the information. I will be glad to assist further.

Thanks & Regards
Amogh G
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USAIndia. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here

0 Kudos

RE: DVD drive issue

Hi Amogh,

Thanks for your support.

I ran the hardware diagnostic as suggested by you. The system is showing all hardware as PASS; but I am still not able to play any dvd on my system.

The drive details are:

VEN: 8086

DEV: 2929

SUBSYS: 02BE1028

Thanks,

Sanjay

0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Thank you for the information. you may try installing the drivers from the link: http://dell.to/1dJPOCs.

Hope this helps. please feel free to reply for any further assistance.

Thanks & Regards
Amogh G
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USAIndia. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here

0 Kudos

Hi Amogh,

Thanks for your time in helping me resolve this issue.

I downloaded and ran the third and fourth file from the link that you had send, but still I am not able to play any dvd on my system.

Thanks,

Sanjay

0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Please provide me the Service Tag and the name as it appears on the account via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation) so I may access your records and check for further course of action.

Keep me posted with the information. I will be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards
Amogh G
#iworkfordell

0 Kudos