Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 19th, 2012 20:00

DVR Cord...?

My laptop came with a small cord that was for connecting a cable tv cord into a much smaller hole, for the purpose of using my computer as a digital recording device.  

No one seems to know about it and for the life of me I can't find a new one.  Please help

4.4K Posts

March 21st, 2012 05:00

Hi Jeff,

I  checked on your system model and i find you are referring to the TV tuner port. If your system came with built in TV tuner card and if you are trying to connect your cable TV chord to the system,you would be looking for DVB-T TV Tuner Cable Adapter.

I have checked on www.dell.com,could not find that cable,however you can try searching for it in eBay or any other website you prefer.

Hope this helps,

Thank You

Roshan.

4.4K Posts

March 20th, 2012 08:00

Hi jeffofcolorado,

Welcome to the Community.

To check this further please post your  system Model?(Example Inspirion 1525 or XPS M1530)

Thank You

Roshan.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

March 20th, 2012 09:00

A photo would help.

March 20th, 2012 10:00

I use a Studio 17(1749)

the cord slot is GOLD.   how is it possible that no one knows what I am talking about?

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

March 21st, 2012 08:00

I use a Studio 17(1749)

the cord slot is GOLD.   how is it possible that no one knows what I am talking about?

Because except for the few who are Dell employees, everyone else here are Dell owners. Unless someone has the exact same model of laptop as you, they will not know. It is really that simple. However, a photo would be extremely helpful, but if you choose to continue on this path, then so be it.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

March 21st, 2012 10:00

No mr.  Im an angry bird ***.  its as simple as talking to someone helpful, aka someone who's not you.  

Right. I won't bother next time.

No Events found!