Highlighted
danny117
1 Copper

Day old computer went into support assist mode should I return it?

I'm just tired of this new computer already.  Why did support assist popup on a computer that was a day old.  Laptop got stuck when a new standard user signed in.  Had to hard power off after waiting a few minutes.  Then hard power off a few more times to get rid of the support assist at start up.  Then finally the computer boots.  OMG really hard power offs a few times fixed the problem.  I didn't want to go through the learning experience of see support assist fixed the computer.  OMG support assist caused the problem.

Later.

I finally sign in with standard user Dell pops up a dialog asking  to download and install new software.  OMG you are not allowed to ask standard users to install missing software.

So here I am maybe I return it the day after tomorrow.  

Later I've got the standard user that locked up at boot deleted and I've wasted 8 hours just watching the computer update but still feel like I should return it.  Maybe fdisk a hidden sector a say the hard drive is the wrong size.

Whatever

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: Day old computer went into support assist mode should I return it?

danny117,

Did you get the issue resolved? Did you call into support? Did you do the updates? Please let us know.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Where do I find my Dell PC Service Tag or Express service code?
Where do I post SA (SupportAssist) issue/questions?
0 Kudos