jeezer
1 Copper

Dead GPU

Hi, my laptop GPU is dead, this lead to a 6beep error code 95% of the time when I have to start or restart the computer. Beside that when the computer starts it works perfectly fine on the inter integrated graphic thing.I don;ty need a new graphic card as I only wish to use the laptop for work but I cannot use it because it barely ever manage to boot due to the BIOS error. Is it possible to disable something in the BIOS or physically remove the part to sort out the problem so I can still use the computer?

The Specs are as follow:

System Information
------------------
      Time of this report: 11/4/2017, 22:57:55
             Machine name: LAPTOP-AM9DM54
               Machine Id: {CF534558-B05B-426A-84E0-457C4E4CE392}
         Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 15063) (15063.rs2_release.170317-1834)
                 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
      System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.         
             System Model: Inspiron 7737
                     BIOS: A14
                Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
                   Memory: 16384MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 16282MB RAM
                Page File: 3980MB used, 14734MB available
              Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
          DirectX Version: DirectX 12
      DX Setup Parameters: Not found
         User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
       System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
          DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
                 Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
           DxDiag Version: 10.00.15063.0000 64bit Unicode

0 Kudos
3 Replies
9 Rhodium

RE: Dead GPU

There is no way to physically remove the GPU, which is micro-soldered to the mainboard.  Six beeps does mean a faulty GPU - and therefore, the need for a replacement system board.

Eventually, the system will cease powering up -- until then, if it's still passing POST, you can use it -- but budget for a replacement system board in the near future.

0 Kudos
jeezer
1 Copper

Hum the computer is still able to function as all the others part work properly and there the intel intergated graphic thing working. However is there is a way to force the BIOS ignore this faulty GPU, for the moment the computer doesn't consistently power up as there the faulty GPU, but it is a non essential component there must be a way to go around the problem.

0 Kudos
9 Rhodium

Not on this model - it's not hardware controlled - it's a software controlled hybrid.  You can work around it for now but it's likely eventually the system will fail to pass POST.

0 Kudos