Highlighted
wehill.wh
1 Copper

Dead Laptop

I have a Dell Laptop I have had for several years now. Many things have happened since it was purchased back in 2011. I was laid off from my job and with difficulty finding a replacement job in my carrier I just went ahead and retired 2 years ago so now I am on a fixed income. The Dell Laptop I have is a Inspiron M5030, Service Tag <Admin Note: ST removed as per privacy policy> and has been nothing but excellent for my needs, it serves many functions I need but it recently this week developed problems. Problem: Black Screen/7 Beeps. It is no longer under the default warranty and I don’t know what to do since I have a limited knowledge of computers. I can’t afford to have it looked at and repaired in a local location and I sure cannot afford to replace it. I’ve searched the Military Veterans websites being a Vietnam Era Veteran 1967-1971 but there was no assistance of any kind there. My question is can Dell do anything to help me out to get this Laptop fixed with no charge?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: Dead Laptop

Hi WEHILL.WH,

Rather unfortunate you had to face difficult times in your life and now with your system. However, please understand that any electronic product is subject to failure, while a few may fail in the early days, some last for years.

The 7 beeps refers to a cpu failure - I would suspect a faulty motherboard, as the cpu is seated on the motherboard, as seen in previous cases - see this link for more info about beep codes - http://dell.to/1IuETMX

You could download the service manual - http://dell.to/28VFmMB - and reseat the memory modules and check if the system powers on. Sometimes it helps in the rarest of cases.

I have also confirmed there is no warranty on the system. At this point, your option to fix this system is a paid service call. Dell would not repair a system without any charge if the system is not under warranty - this is as per the consumer laws in your country.

Write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

Thanks and Regards,
DELL-Rishi
Social Media and Communities Professional
#IWork4Dell
Dell Support Videos 
Drivers and Downloads

0 Kudos